Panolam Surface Systems is a leading manufacturer of interior surfaces, including; high-pressure decorative laminates, thermally fused laminates, and a variety of specialty laminates for decorative as well as industrial applications.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, experienced Process Engineer for our Auburn, ME facility. This position will work in conjunction with the engineering team to drive process improvement and optimization efforts within our manufacturing organization.
In this position you will work directly with our Hydraulic Press Department. Focus will primarily be upon cycle time reduction, scrap reduction, reducing operator training times, and implementation of Lean Manufacturing practices.
- Aid in development of new products based on feedback from Sales.
- Maintain work instructions for production department.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing.
- Work with production planning to ensure the released products have adequate BOM and routings.
- Manage product guides, BOMs, verify accurate instructions and workmanship standards and process procedures.
- Focus on continuous improvement in all aspects of production.
- Identify and present cost savings opportunities. Estimate ROI on capital projects.
- Be able to manage multiple projects while maintaining proficiency on recurring tasks.
- Foresee potential problems with projects and provide solutions for them.
- Communicate well with internal as well as external customers inclusive of contractors, engineering firms, vendors, consultants, equipment manufacturers and technicians.
- May be required to directly supervise outside contractors or lead internal focus teams.
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical of Chemical Engineering
- 2+ years’ experience in Process Engineering
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Experience implementing Lean principles
- Experience with Citect SCADA
- Experience with programming or PLCs
· 4-day work week!
· 401k with company match
· Excellent insurance package
· And more
Panolam Offers an extensive benefit package and Paid Time Off. Great opportunity for a passionate Engineering Professional looking to grow and develop! We encourage you to apply to join our team!
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance