Facilities related Engineering / Maintenance Technician III
Four (4) full time; temp to hire for the right candidate(s)
Hours per week:
Openings / Shifts:
- 2 openings on 2nd shift, 2:45 pm - 11:15 pm CDT (Monday through Friday)
- 1 opening on 3rd shift, 10:45 pm - 7:15 am CDT (Sunday through Thursday); there might be additional openings on 3rd shift
- 1 opening on weekend, 3rd shift, 7:00 pm-7:00 am CDT Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday (off on Monday, Thursday, Friday)
Must not be allergic to Penicillin or Cephalosporins.
- Responsible for providing mechanical, electrical, technical and troubleshooting support, performs maintenance and repairs to production machinery, water systems, compressed air, HVAC, and refrigeration equipment.
- Performs preventive and predictive maintenance as required, ensuring equipment availability.
- Performs troubleshooting of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical systems and machine control issues and equipment performance improvement projects.
- Perform all duties with a focus on optimizing safety, quality, service and cost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for daily maintenance activities in the production or facility areas.
- Conducts preventive and planned maintenance activities as required.
- Assist in the installation, startup and preparation of documentation for new equipment.
- Works directly with engineers to implement corrective actions to eliminate recurrent problems with production equipment.
- Responsible for knowing and following all safety and compliance requirements by maintaining cleanliness within work area, ensuring proper hygiene in work areas at all times.
- Performs written documentation and regulatory record keeping responsibilities as defined in the standard operating procedures for equipment maintenance.
- Works in a safe manner always, encourages a culture of Zero Harm, and is trained in Arc Flash, LOTO, Basic Electrical safety, Ladder Safety, and other plant programs.
- Strictly adheres to Standard Operating Procedures and performs accurate and timely documentation.
- Trouble-shoots, repairs and maintains a wide range of equipment, such as: Robots, programmable logic controller (PLC) systems (Siemens, Allen Bradley, etc.), vision systems, photo eyes/sensors, limit switches, proximity switches, temperature controllers, variable speed drives, motors, servos, pneumatic systems, motor and machine controls, advanced electronics, ultrasonic and RF plastic welders, leak detection systems, and electrical systems up to 480v, 3ph.
- Performs basic jobs such as equipment relocations, crating or uncrating of parts, mechanical adjustments and alignments, identifying and ordering of spare parts, documenting all work, clean-up before leaving job, attending relevant training and meetings. –
- Participates in projects and upgrades.
- Able and willing to work overtime when required
- Must not be allergic to Penicillin or Cephalosporins.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and not frequently.
- Must be able to carry and climb 10 ft ladders.
- Must be able to stand and work at two hour minimum intervals.
- Must be able to work in tight spaces.
- Must be able to bend/stoop, squat, climb, reach above shoulder level, reach at or below shoulder level, twist and bend at the neck, twist and bend at the waist and balance
- Normal visual acuity is necessary including the ability to distinguish colors.
- Must have experience with basic hand tools and electrical meters.
- Light machining skills not required but a plus.
- Ability to implement energy improvement projects.
- Must be able to read electrical and pneumatic diagrams, knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics a plus.
- Show an active interest in self-improvement and training.
- Work with limited amount of supervision, have strong verbal and written communication skills. –
- Good documentation skills and strong computer skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical, electrical drawings, flowcharts, and/or other technical drawings.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond with a sense of urgency.
- Ability and willingness to expand knowledge and scope in maintenance techniques and new equipment technologies.
- Availability to support plant's hours of operation.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Maximo preferred
- Electrical knowledge and experience with AC/DC motors and drives, electrical systems up to 480V 3-phase, relays, switches, sensors, valves, and servo motors.
- The incumbent must work in a clean room environment wearing special garments. Additionally, personal protective equipment must be worn due to safety requirements.
Education / Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent, AA Degree is preferred
- 5+ years recent and relevant experience in refrigeration skills, trouble-shooting, HVAC, mechanical aptitude.
- Must have experience with reading blueprints / wiring diagrams / basic electrical experience
- Previous experience in an GMP environment, strongly preferred
Physical Requirements (Large manufacturing site)
- Requires continuous grasping, pushing/pulling up to 15 pounds and reaching with hands and arms.
- Lifting and carrying on average up to 15 pounds frequently throughout the shift.
- Normal visual acuity and the ability to distinguish color are necessary.
Have the ability to complete quick and precise repetitive processes using both arms and both hands
- Occasionally specialized physicals are required when working with certain drug codes.
- Must be able to squat, climb, reach above shoulder level, reach at or below shoulder level, kneel, twist and bend at the neck, twist and bend at the waist and balance
phone followed by onsite