Grand Rapids Foam Technologies is a leading provider of diverse foam parts and assemblies to a wide array of industries including furniture, medical, transportation, and home goods, just to name a few. We are proud of our history of creating comfort for our clients for over 70 years.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Documentation Specialist to join our team. The desired candidate will possess a technical degree, preferably have 3+ years experience working in a comparable documentation role, and is proficient in interpreting blueprints and engineering specifications. Strong attention to detail, problem solving and communication skills are a must.
In this role, the Engineering Documentation Specialist is responsible for accurately managing the documentation and information in GRFT’s ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system, QMS (Quality Management System).
1. Take information from RFQ (Request for Quote) and MRF (Material Requisition Form) and input finished good parts and purchased parts information in GRFT ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software.
2. Ensure ECN (Engineering Change Notices) are accurate and complete and input data into the GRFT ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
3. Communicate with Sales team to provide information (Sample Feedback Form, RFQ, CAD Files) regarding launch process.
4. Maintain latest production documentation, process checklists, and work instructions in ERP and make sure the production floor has updated documentation.
5. Scan engineering/technical documents, updating file folders and ERP, maintain document index and filing of hard copies
- 6. Process (data entry) of training records into the document control system and interface with employees (as needed) for adherence to Good Documentation Practices
- 7. Scan and file electronic and hard copy training records
- 8. Review project and quality system documents against company standards and process for release within the document control system
- 9. Accountable for all document management aspects of QMS (Quality Management System)
- 10. Supports document management work processes
11. Create Work Instructions and Video Tutorials on GRFT’s ECN (Engineering Change Notices) process.
12. Participate in ERP implementation and improvement projects as assigned
- 13. Support GRFT Manufacturing Engineers in projects as assigned
If you are interested in joining a growing, family-owned company that offers a competitive total compensation package then submit your resume for consideration today. No relocation assistance provided. GRFT is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- engineering documentation: 3 years (Preferred)
- Blueprint Reading: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement