The Senior Project Engineer-Civil is responsible for the design of erosion & sedimentation control plans, floodplain analysis, storm water management, best management practices, site layout, utility design, and grading. They will also be responsible for completing calculations, reports, and spreadsheets. They support and complement the project team by providing a strong work ethic and thrive in being the senior technical leader on the project team environment. Project types represent a broad cross section of commercial, governmental, industrial, institutional, recreational facilities, residential, and retail.
The specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design multi-acre retail, commercial, industrial and/or residential development including due diligence, permitting and limited contract administration.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
- Research, understand and apply City, State, and Federal codes
- Estimate project costs, including materials, equipment, and labor.
- Communicate tasks and schedule and coordinate project assignments with project team.
- Execute assigned tasks accurately, on schedule, and within budget.
- Prepare proposals for technical engineering portions of project.
- Understand all contracted scope of work and monitor/process additional work authorizations when requested by client or required for project completion.
- Visit sites as required.
- Mentor and train subordinate engineers.
- Perform Quality Control Reviews of plans and reports before issuance.
- Work in assistant project manager role to support project manager or manage projects directly where appropriate.
- Coordinate, monitor and review work performed by sub-consultants
- Provide technical support for customers and support regional business development initiatives as a technical resource.
- Promote the reputation of the company through the technical quality of his/her work.
- Represent us professionally at all project related meetings and inspections.
- Supervision received: Reports to and receives guidance from the Civil Department Manager. May also receive direction/need coordination with other Department Heads or Project Managers in multi-disciplined projects.
- Supervision given: Supervises engineers and designers either full-time or a project-by-project basis.
- Strong knowledge of the technical aspects of the civil engineering practice
- Thorough knowledge of all codes applicable to his/her discipline
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Leadership and mentoring
- Project and resource management
- Problem solving/analysis
- Communication proficiency with team members and clients
- Ability to build relationships and interact with review agencies
- Financial management to budget and goals/objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent and PA Professional Engineer’s License (or ability to obtain within 1 year)
- Minimum of Ten (10) years’ experience with progression to similar position
- Experience with subdivision and land development projects
- Experience with design software (AutoCAD Civil 3D, and Hydrologic/Hydraulic design software)
- Fluency with Micro Soft Office Suite
- Demonstrated background in plan production and project execution
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Civil Engineering: 10 years (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)