Standalone Wellhead Engineer
This is a contractual position starting mid-September and continuing until
August 31, 2020.
Standalone Wellhead Engineer:
Location: Full time work in Offices - Kelsey Drive, normal office hours.
Start date: Mid-September 2019
Duration: Position will be until August 31, 2020 with possibility of extension
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in offshore drilling and completion
activities, with a focus on well design activities
- Experience with Subsea Production Systems and field operations
- Out of the box thinker to help support development of new well design
- Proven Project Management Skills
- Excellent communication in English is required. Position will require
extensive interactions with various stakeholders
- The Standalone Well Engineer will be responsible for the engineering and
design of a subsea development well which can be constructed outside of
traditional excavated drill centres for offshore Newfoundland.
- Building on other industry examples, the engineer will investigate technical
solutions, identify required technical studies, liaise with technical SMEs and
suppliers on equipment designs, etc with the goal of identifying suitable well
design concepts to be investigated/evaluated on a risk and value basis for the
- The engineer will then support seeking internal, certifying authority and
regulatory approval as required for the chosen concept (if required)
Job Type: Contract