Civil/Structural Engineer – Entry Level
Pickering Associates, Inc. has an opening for a Civil/Structural Engineer. The ideal candidate will have an interest in both structural and civil, have excellent communication skills and have a coachable demeanor. The successful applicant will join a team of architects, engineers and surveyors servicing a diverse base of clients throughout WV, OH and beyond. This is a full-time position located at our Parkersburg, WV office.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform all aspects of civil engineering design including civil site design (layout, grading, utilities, etc.); engineering analysis; prepare design concepts; calculations and specifications; conduct site investigations and visits; write reports and proposals.
- Analysis and design of steel, reinforced concrete, and masonry structures for static and dynamic loading from foundation to super structure.
- Obtain guidance from Senior Engineers and the Department Head as necessary to resolve technical and coordination issues and conflicting criteria.
- Work with a multi-discipline team of architects, engineers, interior designers, and surveyors.
- Participate in team meetings and coordinating efforts with other team members.
- Create cost estimates and technical reports.
- Develop discipline specifications for review by the Senior Engineer.
- Coordinate work product with other disciplines.
- Adhere to project budget and schedule.
- Prepare accurate, complete, and code-compliant drawings and specifications for schematic, design development, and construction document submittals.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil engineering from a school that holds an ABET accreditation.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Revit.
- FE/EIT a plus.
- Organized, excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, good attendance, and sound problem-solving skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance