This role is in Reston, VA and working the night shift 10pm -10am on a 3 days-on, 4 days- off and 4 days-on, 3 days -off rotation.
CCNA certification desired.
An Engineer II is a technical position that requires an individual to work as part of a TEAM in the 24x7 Network Operations Center (NOC) where they will be expected to follow direction while performing most tasks on their own. Tasks involve working with and supporting the NOC 24X7 team, supporting the client's production, QA and Development environments and ensuring the critical infrastructure adheres to its stringent SLA requirements. An Engineer II’s primary responsibility will be to monitor and/or resolve alarms, open corresponding tickets, diagnose and documents the issue, take escalations from junior engineers, follow SOP’s and escalate as needed.
The proper skill set for this position will require Network (Cisco and Juniper) troubleshooting capabilities.
The right candidate will be a self starter, highly motivated as well as being a processes and procedures individual.
Areas of Responsibilities:
- Handle inquiries received from customers by telephone, email, or ticketing system (ServiceNow).
- Monitor system and network alarms via Netcool/Nagios.
- Perform research, analysis and isolation of alarms that require escalation, additional research and/or triage.
- Publish information to the knowledge base. (Confluence, Wiki)
- Adhere to Service Levels Agreements (SLA), Operational Level Agreements (OLA) and internal processes.
- Track all interactions within ticketing system. Route tickets to appropriate internal departments for further assistance.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner.
- Attempt to resolve issues on first contact.
- Where applicable, enhance processes to be more effective and efficient.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Effectively communicate with our customer’s by composing accurate, prompt replies to customer email and phone inquiries.
- Display consistent professional demeanor and clarity when interacting internally and externally.
- Adhere to attendance policy.