QUALITY CONTROL ENGINEER
We have an immediate opening for a Quality Control Engineer in our Bellingham, WA facility.
- Test and evaluate new tools and machinery and recommend improvements as necessary, including:
- o Operational/performance testing,
- o Design reviews and compliance with applicable standards,
- o Evaluation of fit-and-finish and quality of construction/materials used,
- o Comparative analysis of similar items available from other sources.
- Monitor customer/employee feedback about items in our existing product line, investigate complaints, research potential problems, analyze warranty claims data, and then use information learned to initiate related product improvements with vendors/factories.
- Provide back-up technical support/assistance to our Tech Support department, and occasionally, work directly with customers to resolve difficult technical/mechanical issues.
- Assist our Technical Documentation department with the creation of new manuals, instruction sheets, training documentation, and product warning labels by performing document usability testing, proofing, and validation of product specifications.
- Support and assist a variety of different departments with assembly, setup, technical research, or adjustments/repair of machinery.
- Review daily inspection reports/pictures from Grizzly’s overseas QC inspection teams to provide engineering support with discovered issues and ensure quality/accuracy oversight.
- Write Tech Bulletin documents for internal publication to notify other Grizzly employees about known issues and resolutions.
- Learn and master applicable machinery electrical codes and safety standards.
- Travel to Taiwan/China to work with factories and overseas QC inspection teams.
- Develop new quality processes or refine existing systems to help QC department and Grizzly make continuous improvements.
- ME, MET or other related Engineering degree required
- Strong mechanical knowledge, experience, and aptitude
- Strong knowledge of woodworking and metalworking machinery operations and safety
- Experience with CNC programming and CAD software
- Good knowledge of AC electricity, electrical safety, electrical motors, and motor controls
- Must be self-driven and able to deliver results while working independently
- Organized, detail oriented, and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, structured environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
About Our Company:
Since our inception in 1983, Grizzly Industrial, Inc. (www.grizzly.com) has become one of the USA’s largest providers of woodworking and metalworking machinery, power tools, hand tools, hardware, and various types of related accessories. We have almost one million square feet of warehouse space in two states. Grizzly products can be found throughout North America in all sizes of shops, from the large industrial production users, to the smaller cabinet and machine shops.
We provide high-quality products at the lowest possible prices through strong internet and catalog presence. Grizzly was the first tool and machinery company to have a website over two decades ago.
As a company, we value a strong work ethic and promote a corporate structure that is professional, collaborative, and organized. We place a strong value on respect, ethics and integrity and promote a positive, cooperative and fast-paced environment.
As an organization we focus on getting results, and in order to achieve results we remain focused on teamwork, maintaining high standards, and taking complete ownership of our work.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Progressive premium coverage on dependent medical/dental insurance based on years of service
- Employer-paid long-term disability, AD&D and life insurance
- Optional short-term disability, dependent life insurance and AFLAC
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid vacation and holidays
To be considered, please email your resume and cover letter by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
Grizzly is a drug-free and equal employment opportunity employer.
To learn more about our company’s products and history, visit our website at www.grizzly.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative