CTL Engineering, Inc.
Job Title: Construction Inspection and Administration Services Department Manager
General Statement of Duties:
- Responsibilities of this position will primarily be business development, active management of field and office staff providing construction administration, inspection and testing services on State, County and Local transportation projects, aviation, utility infrastructure and other various markets.
- Duties also include direct project management activities for specific individual projects.
- This will include recruitment, training, supervision and management of staff members, general and project specific business development and technical proposal preparation, and financial control of the operation with an expectation of profitability.
- Your personal goal should be direct billing of 50% within one year of employment, increasing thereafter if your work leans toward direct project management.
- Strong Business Development skills along with working knowledge of the local market including contacts is important to fulfill this position.
Works independently on broad projects under direction of a Department Manager.
It is anticipated that your initial work at CTL will be to structure and organize this business based on your knowledge and experience, to represent CTL at industry meetings and functions, to visit with your contacts in the industry and determine opportunities for CTL to provide services, and to recruit, employ and prepare your team to provide these services.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering (M.S. preferred)
- Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- ESOP Historically 4-6% of base salary per year
- Bonus Potential based on profitability
- Motus vehicle plan
- Sales goals:
- First 18 months $1.5m
- Transportation (State and Local Public Agencies)
- Water/Wastewater Infrastructure
- Private Prime Design Firms
- General Contractors
- Private Development
- Construction Inspection
- Construction observation and materials testing
- Geotechnical Engineering
Job Type: Full-time
- PE (Professional Engineer) (Required)