Vancouver Pile Driving Ltd (Vanpile), a multi-discipline construction company, is one of the largest marine general contractors in Canada. Since 1913, our employees have built many of the major marine facilities along the coastline and inland waters of British Columbia. Vanpile is a local family owned and operated company. Read more about us at www.vanpile.com (http://www.vanpile.com/)
Vanpile is a vibrant and growing company with a culture dedicated to its core values: Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability, and Professionalism. As an integral member of our Construction team, you will contribute to the growth of new markets and continued development of innovative construction techniques to maintain our competitive advantage as a major player in the marine construction industry.
We are looking for a motivated individual who is committed to growing their professional career at Vanpile while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Note – Initial work location will be based in North Vancouver with relocation to site on scheduled rotations.
- Participate in the management of construction work programs and ensure accuracy and adherence to, plans, designs and specifications of the project
- Prepare progress reports and risk assessments
- Assist in managing procurement and logistics of projects, including the contracts, variations, direct labour, plant and equipment
- Identify and advise the Project Director promptly of conditions, which may affect the project scope or the client's interests
- Provide input into design processes and/or construction methods
- Review and comment on changes in specifications and plans, work techniques and materials
- Verify that all completed work conforms with applicable codes and project specifications, drawings and standards
- Field management duties as assigned by the Project Director
- Strong commitment to Health, Safety & Environment
Qualifications / Requirements
- University degree in Engineering
- 5-7 years of experience in construction, in a similar role, ideally on oil and gas projects
- Currently registered or eligible to register with APEGBC as an E.I.T.
- Experience with heavy construction projects (considered an asset)
- Use of computer software: AutoCAD, MS Project and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a remote location for extended periods of time and varying schedules in support of site operational needs. This may include occasional night or weekend work
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Vanpile; only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Vancouver Pile Driving Ltd. does not accept and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited résumés from agencies. Agencies should not submit resumes in response to this posting, to Vanpile employees or any associated company location.