Come Work With Us:
Be Exceptional. Deliver Excellence. Make A Difference.
LimnoTech is a leading environmental engineering firm with clients who face water-related problems that are more challenging and costly than ever before. It is our job to help our clients make decisions based on the best available science and real-world constraints.
Are you ready to join a team of smart, talented people who are motivated every day to deliver excellence and make a difference for our clients, our partners, and the environment?
LimnoTech has an exciting opportunity for a marine technology, environmental or marine systems engineer to assist with projects in our growing environmental monitoring systems practice.
The selected candidate will provide technical leadership and manage projects related to:
- Environmental monitoring systems design, prototyping, testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Environmental research on lakes, rivers, and wetlands
- Environmental sampling design and execution
- Data management and data visualization
LimnoTech emphasizes collaborative learning, advanced training, and professional leadership, providing team members with the tools and work environment needed to chart their career paths. Opportunities abound for increased responsibilities and professional growth. Motivated and enthusiastic team members with good interpersonal skills thrive in our collegial organization. If you like working with other smart, dedicated people to solve problems, we’d like to hear from you.
The following are required qualifications for this position:
- Degree in marine technology, marine engineering/mechanics, environmental/water resources engineering, or related engineering discipline from an accredited university program
- Strong technical skills related to lakes, rivers, and estuaries
- Independent work experience and ability to implement marine technology in freshwater systems
- Experience with data management and analysis (MS Excel, Access, Google Sheets, scripting and other coding)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to synthesize and convey technical information to a broad audience
- Ability and willingness to travel to client sites, primarily within the Great Lakes region
- Must be legally able to work in the U.S. for any employer (proper documentation is required)
The following additional qualifications are desirable, but not required:
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in engineering or marine technology.
- Experience in business development and an established network of professional contacts
- Experience with environmental monitoring and sensing technologies
- Experience with environmental data analysis and manipulation
- Experience with cloud-based data tools
- Experience with machining, welding, electrical wiring, or embedded circuit board design and protoyping
- Cross-disciplinary education in environmental science/liberal arts/business
- 2 to 5 years of relevant professional experience
LimnoTech values and rewards high achievement within a supportive working community. Individual achievement is rewarded through a unique merit review process based on recommendations from colleagues at all levels of the company, plus positive feedback from clients. This system drives pay increases and increased project and corporate responsibility. We track individual progress annually to ensure competitiveness within our industry and identify opportunities for targeted professional development.
Our collegial environment and management structure aren’t for everyone; there is no formal “corporate ladder” to climb. Instead, we offer employees the opportunity to chart their own paths, and provide the tools and guidance to do that.
In addition to highly competitive compensation, LimnoTech offers an outstanding benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; 401k savings plan; ESOP; flexible benefits program; medical leave; and more.
For more information about our firm, please visit www.limno.com
LimnoTech is an employee-owned (ESOP), affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer.
We value a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace at LimnoTech. We believe that collaboration between diverse individuals with different perspectives and a unity of purpose will strengthen our company culture and yield innovative solutions for our clients. Therefore, we will intentionally increase awareness, foster dialogue, and seek continuous improvement in diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our company systems and practices. LimnoTech welcomes all qualified candidates for a diverse work force, and we are committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination. Employees are hired and promoted based strictly and solely on their competence to perform the work, without regard to age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation regarding gender preference, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
LimnoTech uses E-Verify® in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
We intend to have our website and job application functions accessible to everyone. If you or someone you know needs assistance completing an employment application, please contact us at 734-332-1200.