Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Solution Train Engineer, with people management responsibilities, to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in McLean, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Department of State Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program. This initiative is intended to modernize and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework in order to better support the services provided to CA's customers, including passport and visa application; adjudication and issuance; emergency and non-emergency citizen services; crisis; and other consular services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Leads and serves as the highest authority on the implementation and optimization of the SAFe methodology on the Program.
- Drives program and release level processes for multiple Agile Release Trains demonstrating servant leadership, coupled with domain knowledge and technical savvy
- Serves as the organizational servant leader and facilitator for program events and activities for planning, executing, delivery and improvement.
- Mentors and coaches Release Train Engineers (RTEs) and Scrum Masters, evaluates team performance and supports training for continuous improvement.
- Manages and optimizes the flow of value of the Solution Train and Agile Release Train using a variety of tools and methods to ensure strategy and execution alignment.
- Coordinates multiple solution interfaces (both external and internal).
- Guide design and technology maturity constraints of the system in accordance with customer and stakeholders value streams.
- Collaborates with team members to translate business strategy into technology strategy and ensure that capabilities required by the business are enabled.
- Facilitates Program Increment (PI) Planning readiness and the PI Planning activity.
- Applies advanced Agile, Lean, and SAFe principles and skills.
- Escalates and tracks impediments.
- Performs functional allocation to identify required tasks and their interrelationships.
- Manages employees, providing project direction as well as career guidance.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 7 years' experience.
- Experience in implementing and aligning Lean, Agile and DevSecOps methodologies, frameworks and tools
- Experience with SAFe 4 framework and implementation of Agile Release Trains
- Previous, successful experience facilitating Lean-Agile Program Execution in Large Solution and/or Program execution using the SAFe 4 framework
- Demonstrates strong sense of urgency, ownership and operates in a collaborative manner
- Exceptional leadership skills in order to coordinate collaboration across multiple engineering disciplines
- Experience managing personnel and providing coaching mentoring/coaching
- Must have an active secret (or higher) clearance. Interim clearances are acceptable.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) Certification
- Certified Scaled Agile Program Consultant (SPC)
- Certified PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) or PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Experience with Continuous Improvement methodologies, i.e., Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis, Value Stream Mapping
- Demonstrable mastery in various competencies of Teaching, Mentoring, Transformation, and Facilitation
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/ SQMVideo
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.