The successful applicant will provide system level expertise for Ideal Aerosmith’s products and testing solutions. While not being the expert in all areas, the successful applicant will have a strong, diverse technical background in mechanical, electrical, and computer engineering as well as their interaction within a system. The position also requires the ability to work with minimal supervision, start projects with minimal parameters, complete assignments accurately and on schedule, excellent troubleshooting skills, and the ability bring out the best in other team members. The System Engineer will collaborate between the engineering team members and program management to ensure the customer receives a solution that meets their requirements.
- Overall System Architect. Develop innovative solutions in conjunction with the rest of the engineering team that meet the customer’s expectations.
- Perform system-level design (i.e. top-level diagrams) including architecture and component selection of motion/avionics test systems.
- Develop system requirements, proposals and compliance matrices for the project.
- Prepare and review technical drawings for the system and its components
- Lead and participate in design reviews for product development projects
- Build strong relationships with key customers and convey the company’s technical competencies during interactions with them.
- Provide expertise to the integration team and provide technical customer support as needed
- Participate and lead within the guidelines of the Entrepreneurial Operation System
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001 and other regulatory standards.
- Initiate, lead, and implement continuous improvement activities to achieve profitability and improve quality.
- B.S. in Engineering or related technical degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in systems engineering with preferred background in motion control.
- Experience with test engineering in regards to avionics or control systems within the aerospace or military domains a plus
- Ability to travel (domestic and internationally) and obtain a passport.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- This position requires the employee to work in a restricted facility that requires US citizenship or Permanent Residence (Green Card).
- Must possess skills or ability to learn quickly in the following areas of Mechatronics:
- Mechanical Structures/Bearings
- Feedback Devices
- Electrical Hardware/Software Integration
- Industrial Controls/PLC’s and Power Systems
- Experience with programming languages like C/C++, C#, Java, etc.
- Experience with Matlab and Simulink
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, and conflict management skills.
- Must have the ability to lift and/or carry 45 lbs.
- Ability to work for extended periods at computer workstation/keyboard.
- The position will require walking, standing, squatting, crouching, stooping, lifting, climbing, pulling, pushing, sitting, repetitive motion and kneeling
Job Type: Full-time
- Systems Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Ideal's headquarters is located in Grand Forks, ND. Are you willing to relocate to Grand Forks?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift