Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
Customer Engineers (CEs) are deep technical advisors supporting Enterprise customers to deliver unique value by removing blockers to consumption within their given Solution Area. CEs provide technical support including risk assessments and tuning to operate and optimize a customer’s cloud or on-premise environment. The Customer Engineer provides pro-active support delivery services as well as technical readiness through a Customer’s Support contract via dispatch by the CSAM/account team. Customer Engineer services can be delivered either remotely or on-premises.
The Impact you will be Making
Customer Impact– 40%
- Participates in proactive delivery, spots performance issues, analyzes problems, develops solutions to meet customer needs (including skilling needs), represents them.
- Engages in strategic service delivery planning, in partnership with the account team, to strengthen targeted customer relationships and support accurate customer contactability for surveys.
- Gathers customer impressions of products and services and integrates this feedback into decision making and service delivery planning.
- Seeks information about the underlying needs of customers and recommends service delivery to meet those needs.
- Provides and drives actionable feedback across groups about the customer/partner experience and competitor threats.
- Understands customer/partner requirements and can map the adoption and optimization of Microsoft technology solutions accordingly.
- Provides the most effective method of service delivery by analyzing trends and common themes across customers.
- Builds plans that consider potential obstacles and immediate and long-term consequences.
- Demonstrates expertise in a specific solution, or several products, feature functions, or services.
- Provides stakeholder assistance throughout deployment to avoid/resolve technical issues.
Business Impact - 40%
- Seeks opportunities to drive Customer Success business results by collaborating with multiple team members.
- Identifies opportunities to articulate business value and grow customer/partner relationships in alignment with Customer Success business priorities and stakeholder management principles.
- Prioritizes Managed IP/Community IP re-use where appropriate to accelerate customer outcomes
- Contributes to IP creation and updates by identifying gaps through delivery
- Participates in relevant communities to share expertise and learn from others
Individual Impact - 20%
- Consistently applies “lessons learned”, model personal accountability & teamwork.
- Drives and Supports innovation focusing on industry solutions and customer business outcomes on the Microsoft platform.
- Understands the portfolio of Support offerings and contribute & participate in customer and internal meetings to articulate value.
- Cultivates relationships, credibility, and loyalty with customers and partners intentionally by sharing relevant business expertise.
- Demonstrates Self Learner mindset through alignment of individual skilling to team/area demands and continuous upskilling to align to Customer Success goals
- Ensures delivery meets/exceeds all operational excellence guidelines and best practices
Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Customer Focus
- Design Thinking
- Stakeholder Orchestration
- Solution Demonstration
- Problem Solving
- Learning & Training
- Communicate Effectively
- Product & Technology Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field, plus
- Years’ Experience: 5 in systems development, network operations, software support, IT consulting
- Three (3) or more years of experience with Exchange Server 2007, Exchange Server 2010, Exchange Server 2013, Exchange Server 2016 or Exchange Online in a support or consulting role.
- The planning, migration and operations of Office 365 in both Hybrid and Cloud-only configurations
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.