We are a diverse team of professionals working in New England, applying technical skills and environmentally focused practices to provide solutions for our clients. We relish new challenges and opportunities to deliver consistent and efficient results no matter how complex the project. We continually apply socially and environmentally conscious practices to our work, especially in construction. This company culture allows us to operate with a triple bottom line approach.
The successful candidate will have a civil engineering degree and passion for the built environment. Your first assignment will be in the transportation industry where you will be responsible for the review and analysis of transportation plans, designs and activities, as well as the evaluation of technical data. You will work as part of a team with other engineers and technicians in the collection and analysis of engineering data, and the inspection of construction activities to ensure they are complying with the design plans, contract documents and industry standards.
This work will include both an office and field setting on road, bridge, rail and aviation projects. You will be working at the project site during the construction phase of the project ensuring that the work is completed per design, contract and industry standards. You will work as part of a team to investigate field changes and provide design solutions. Entry level candidates will work as part of a team and receive on the job training. Experienced candidates will work as leaders within a project team to oversee the project.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy in AutoCAD, word processing, Excel, and other standard office software is an asset.
- Ideal candidates must be pursuing, or have, a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related studies.
- Associate degrees in engineering technology or considerable experience also accepted.
- Interest in transportation, structural design, traffic engineering, land development and/or water resource engineering
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
EIV is located in Winooski, VT with project work throughout Vermont. We are passionate about our company culture, and provide a supportive learning environment for individualized career growth. You can learn more at eivtech.com'
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.00 - $40.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Multiple Locations