The Senior Editor will oversee rateGenius’ auto refinance content, both onsite and across distributed platforms. They will lead a team of freelance writers and our in-house content manager and will be a crucial player in the execution of rateGenius’ overall content strategy. The Senior Editor will work closely with the analytics team to develop supporting statistics-driven media to increase audience numbers and maximize engagement of the content. The Senior Editor will also be expected to optimize and grow rateGenius' process for publishing educational auto refinance content, news, blog, and other search-friendly content.
They will report to the VP of Marketing. Day to Day the Senior Editor will lead editorial meetings, determine daily priorities, allocate resources, and oversee the editorial process from ideation to publication. This will often involve fielding pitches, developing sharp and compelling angles for stories derived from company data, line-editing, soliciting freelancers, and even writing as needed.
The Senior Editor will also work closely with our Graphics Designer and Web Developer to develop rich, multimedia storytelling. Beyond steering coverage on the website, the Senior Editor is also responsible for directing the daily production processes for our social media accounts and other emerging platforms. This includes working closely with rateGenius’ Graphics Designer to develop and execute on specific visions for each channel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Crafting new editorial topics that resonate with the consumer while staying on brand
- Creating and managing an editorial calendar
- Hiring and managing a team of freelance and in-house writers to produce content
- Mining search and survey data from internal and external sources using various tools to produce search optimized content
- Producing content on your own
- Pitching content to journalists and promoting content for link building benefits
- Occasionally writing and pitching press releases
- Working with the marketing team to ensure all content is driving business results
- Bachelor's degree
- A confident, goal-oriented leader who can drive and motivate teams to be their best
- Is comfortable leading a sizable freelance writing team
- A news junky who's naturally curious and passionate about personal finance, credit and especially budgeting and money saving stories
- Highly organized and comfortable using production and performance dashboards to manage progress
- A natural problem solver who's open to experimentation and comfortable with a "fail fast" mentality
- Loves using data to make smart editorial decisions
- Comfortable working with SEO, Business Intelligence, and Marketing teams to develop content ideas
- 7+ years of editorial experience, with no less than 3 years in a digital-first newsroom
- 3+ years as an editor or in a manager-level position
- 3+ years covering finance news, auto industry, and/or lending products