Lockheed Martin Missiles & Fire Control, Special Operations Forces Global Logistics Support Services (SOFGLSS) contract, located in Lexington, KY, is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to design and complete modifications on various military vehicle and aircraft platforms in support of the warfighter. This program, critical to the success of US service men and women deployed throughout the world has a mission to rapidly and properly equip the SOF community and its war fighters with the best possible systems and equipment anywhere in the world.
Focused on rotary wing, UAV, and ground vehicles, this high op-tempo team is focused on modifying existing vehicles/aircraft and integrating modified components (primarily electrical and mechanical) into various customer specific platforms.
Responsibilities of the position for someone who is motivated, dedicated, detail focused and team-oriented would entail:
- Mechanical design, integration of equipment and modification tasks
- Assisting in multi-functional product development for military aircraft and/or vehicles.
- Collaborating with the lead project engineers, chief engineer, and engineering design teams to ensure that systems meet the SOF needs and that the resulting product operates as intended
- Development of installations as well as removal of existing components for communication equipment, countermeasure systems, avionics, and other military vehicle systems.
- Experience with 3D parametric modeling in CATIA, SolidWorks or similar software.
- Experience with creation, review, and approval of engineering change documentation
- Experience creating ANSI/ASME Y14.100 compliant drawings
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- CATIA V5 and/or SolidWorks is preferred
- Previous design experience on military vehicles
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.