Project Architect – American Capital Group – Bellevue, WA
Who We Are
We are a fully-integrated real estate development company. We were locally founded in Bellevue, Washington and have remained a family-owned and operated company since 1986, over the last 34 years; our company has specialized and mastered the art of developing multifamily communities. We’ve developed more than 80 multifamily properties across twelve states. We currently own and manage 20 properties across five Western states. We continuously live up to our reputation of being an industry leader because we know and internally manage all aspects of Real Estate Development including Engineering and Design, Acquisitions, Development, Construction Management, Property Management and Asset Management.
What We Stand For
Our goal at American Capital Group is to enhance and better our communities by creating and managing long lasting and high quality structures that provide homes and comfort to many. If you’re a professional who values accountability, integrity, teamwork and commitment, you will fit right in with ACG’s values and mission.
Our organization’s mission is to demonstrate excellence in designing, developing, building and managing real property through teamwork and integrity. Our dedicated professionals provide quality and value for our customers, profitability for our investors and a lasting contribution to our community.
Learn more about us and our track record on our website: https://www.acg.com
Job Title: Project Architect
Hours: 7am-5pm, M-F
This position may require additional working hours and days depending on company/property needs.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Salary: $115,000 - $120,000
Who You Are
To be considered for this position, you will..
- Possess strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Be an excellent communicator – both verbally and in written correspondence
- Have accountability and take pride and ownership of your work
- Be able to read, speak, write and understand English
- Must have 5-10 years working experience as an Architect
- B.S. of Architecture
- Must have experience in Multi-Family, Senior Housing or Hotel Industry.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Office is required.
- Must be licensed in WA and/or CA. Must be willing to become licensed in other states. (The Company will assist you in obtaining and pay for additional licenses).
- Recent working knowledge and competence of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and MS Project.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and BIM (Revit) software. Candidates must have at least 5 years of experience with Revit.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Be a positive, effective team player.
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Strong focus on quality.
What You’ll Do
(Included but not limited to)
- Produce Construction Documents of high quality using the REVIT/BIM system. Explore additional capabilities of the system, identifying areas applicable to our current work.
- Control access to original drawings and architectural files to assure easy access by authorized personnel.
- Generate preliminary site plans from criteria provided by the Owner that respond to the topography, survey and legal description, and local jurisdiction development standards.
- Review of grading and drainage plans for compliance with company established requirements and procedures.
- Coordinate with outside consultants including but not limited to, local architects, Surveyors, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Structural Engineers, building departments, and all other Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
- Produce and review scopes of work and request for proposals for consultants.
- Monitor work performed by outside consultants to assure timely completion of all work performed.
- Comply with all ADA requirements.
- Perform quality control plan reviews.
- Read and analyze all local and state zoning codes. Produce a summary memo on findings for Owner, Development Manager, and Supervisor.
- Travel to jobsite may be required on a weekly basis.
- Produce construction drawings in a timely manner and in accordance with project schedules.
- Review all consultants’ drawings for accuracy prior to distribution to other companies and/or submission to permitting or approval authorities.
- Promote teamwork with co-workers as well as outside consultants and entities to achieve timely completion of all work in accordance with Project schedules.
- Visit project sites on a regular basis to observe the progress of construction and prepare reports of site visits including relevant photographs.
- Support the construction process by timely response to RFI’s, review of submittals, processing approved change orders, and monthly draw requests.
What You’ll Enjoy
Employees at ACG can take advantage of a multitude of benefits including…
- A competitive base salary
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for you and your family members
- Financial protection through short-term/long-term disability, life, accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- HSA, FSA and DSA plans
- 401K plan through MassMutual in which the company matches a generous percentage of what you put in
- Paid vacation starting at 3 weeks (starts at 4 weeks for upper management)
- Paid Sick/Safe Leave
- 10 Paid Holidays plus 2 Paid Personal days
- Ongoing training and employee development
Conditions of Employment
All candidates must submit a resume to be considered for this position. Qualified applicants must complete a phone interview and a job fit assessment prior to interviewing with our team. These are mandatory steps in our hiring process.
Candidates selected for employment must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening (including marijuana).
American Capital Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer/ Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy genetics, veteran status , or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $115,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Revit: 3 years (Required)
- Architecture: 5 years (Required)
- Designing Multifamily Projects: 3 years (Required)
- Architecture License (Preferred)