Job Summary: This position will provide design in the development of construction documents as they relate to civil services for owners, architects, developers, contractors, and other clients. They will also provide the design, planning, and management of civil construction projects. The Civil Engineer will design grading, drainage, pavement, water supply, sewer service, and other site details. They will collaborate with the civil team and other disciplines to ensure a project moves forward smoothly and is completed on-time and on-budget. This position will also build and maintain trusting relationships with clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately draft projects Civil Design Software.
- Correctly engineer site gradings, wet site utilities, and storm water management.
- Accurately prepare civil construction documents.
- Actively participate in weekly design meetings.
- Required presence onsite with construction administration to correctly observe and report technical findings.
- Frequent professional interaction with clients to discover and implement expectations.
- Professionally interact with the civil team and other disciplines.
- Efficiently prioritize and maintain a balance and schedule between all projects and deadlines.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Problem solving involves identification and analysis of diverse problems; solutions are often found by reviewing standard documented processes and/or work procedures and modifying them to apply to the situation. Guidance is usually provided on what source(s) to consult, and decision is reviewed by supervisor before implementation.
Supervision is present to review broad objectives relative to basic position duties and day-to-day department duties. Basic work and decisions do not require direction or review by immediate supervisor. Strategic issues are referred to supervisor.
Independent judgment is required to analyze problems and perform needs assessments. Uses judgment in adapting broad guidelines to achieve desired result. Regular exercise of independent judgment is used. Makes recommendations that affect policies, procedures, and practices. Refers exceptions to policies and procedures to the supervisor.
Decisions impact department, outside departments, and the organization.
Tasks are multiple and diverse with some connectedness across processes. Work requires the direct application of a variety of procedures, policies, and processes.
This position will not supervise.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Licenses/Certifications required):
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- E. Licensed Civil Engineer.
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work successfully on a team and listen carefully.
- Desire to produce quality work and grow professionally in the engineering field.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Civil 3D.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Proven ability to maintain excellent integrity and ethical standards within role.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours as project schedules and deadlines required
This position requires regular sitting, talking, hearing, and vision. Frequent walking and standing will be required, as well as, occasional climbing/balancing, reaching with arms, crouching/crawling, feeling/touching, and lifting/carrying objects weighing over 20lbs.
Job Type: Full-time