DeWind is looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager / Estimator to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. An excellent Construction Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills. Geotechnical background is preferred, but not a deal-breaker. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget. You will be trained on the means and methods DeWind uses to cost estimate the wide range of trenching services they offer. These trenching machines are custom built by DeWind and therefor will require on the job training.
- Collaborate with engineers, general contractors, etc.. to determine the specifications of the project
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Acquire rental equipment and materials for projects
- Project take-offs
- Review plans, specs, soil boring logs etc.
- Proven experience as construction project manager
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
Opportunities to earn bonuses as well.
Pay-scale depends on skill.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $35.00 per hour
- Project Management / Cost Estimating: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative