Hudson Valley Lighting Group is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of lighting fixtures. Our commitment is to deliver the highest quality products and services. Our highly skilled employees take exceptional pride in producing superior quality products. We are a progressive and growing company looking for an individual interested in a long term position. We are offering an excellent opportunity for an experienced UX/UI Designer to join our team. This position allows working remotely on Fridays; at manager’s discretion.
The ideal candidate will need to have a dedicated work ethic, work well under pressure, and be highly organized, detail-oriented and accurate. The ability to multi-task is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic industry leader!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Gather user requirements and work with developers to create user interface concepts, designs and mockups for desktop, mobile, tablet, and native mobile apps
- Create mockups for development to turn into fully functional web interfaces
- Create UI elements such as navigation, buttons, grid layouts, inputs, etc
- Be an integral part of developing a company-wide design system for consistent theming across all applications and sites
- Present design ideas using flowcharts, wireframes and storyboards, and support design choices with corresponding data and research
- See the design process through to completion, from rough draft, to version 1, to production releases and beyond
- Offer design concepts for existing applications and websites to enhance usability
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with design and wireframing tools like Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, XD, Framer, etc.
- Ability to analyze data from various sources and organize information in an understandable manner, including labels, functions, action elements, etc.
- Top-notch visual communication skills such as color, typography, iconography, imagery and how they contribute to the functional goals of the design
- A solid understanding of branding consistency
- Bachelor’s in Graphic Design or related field, or equivalent experience
Our Outstanding Compensation Package Includes:
- A competitive salary
- Single medical & dental insurance
- Vision coverage available
- Life insurance
- Long term disability
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday pay program
- 401K retirement plan with employer match
- Need a morning snack or an afternoon pick-me-up? Enjoy weekly fruit deliveries, free tea and coffee, and healthy snacks in our executive café!
- We want you to be the healthiest and happiest version of yourself, that’s why we offer a generous gym reimbursement program through our insurance plan. We also provide an in-house annual flu shot clinic.
- It’s your birthday? Yay! Come on down and spin the birthday wheel full of fun freebies!
- Enjoy delicious treats on specialty food holidays, from National Ice Cream Day to National Hot & Spicy Food Day.
- Celebrate the holidays by enjoying fantastic food and winning awesome prizes [like tablets and gift cards] at our Annual Holiday Party.
- We’ve got a thing for lighting here, and we hope you will too! Enjoy a generous discount on all of our products.
- We understand life happens. So we offer our employees a substantial employee assistance program for those not-so-easy times.
About the Hudson Valley Lighting Group:
Founded and located in the highly desirable Hudson Valley region, the Hudson Valley Lighting Group has been a leader in the lighting industry for 35+ years. Our mission is to add beauty to the world one fixture at a time. Explore some of the amazing activities the Hudson Valley has to offer!
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off