Volkert, a Top 100 design firm (#87, ENR), is delivering the future of infrastructure in Transportation, Energy, Water, and Environment. We are searching for a motivated Project Engineer/Project Manager to support the West Gulf Region in Shreveport, LA.
We are a national engineering firm, designing the future in transportation, energy, water, and environmental infrastructure- are we the roads to your future?
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepares a Project Execution Plan (PEP) that identifies the project team organization, identifies each specific task or phase and all work that must be performed to complete the project, outlines a schedule to ensure that the project can be completed on time, and develops an estimate and schedule of the manpower requirements needed to complete the project.
- Holds a project kick-off meeting to review the PEP with project team members.
- Ensures Quality Control reviews are taking place and documented.
- Notifies accounting when the project is ready for the closure cycle and ensures all files and documents are retained in accordance with corporate policy.
Project Monitoring and Review
- Is responsive and maintains direct contact with clients on a continuing basis to discuss technical and scheduling issues.
- Conducts project staff meetings to review progress and further communication and coordination within the team.
- Participates in the month end project review conducted by the Regional Manager.
- Prepares and presents a detailed project review if and when their project is selected for detailed review by the Group Manager.
- Prepares and issues a monthly project progress report, as required.
- Reviews Revenue Summary Reports monthly, including the status of A/R, WIP, and NLM.
- Ensures that all technical design changes are approved to conform to the standards, systems and procedures as prescribed by the requirements of the project.
- Solicits the help of the Project Director and other Project Managers, as appropriate, to solve scheduling or technical problems encountered in the progress of the work.
- Evaluates the effect of scope changes on project budgets and schedules, then negotiates with the client to increase fees required to accommodate such scope changes as necessary.
- Reviews, approves, and provides necessary documentation for invoicing in a timely manner. Maintains client accounts including collection of Accounts Receivable (AR’s).
Marketing and Business Development
Requirements for this position:
- Provides input and participates in business development efforts.
- Maintains professional relationships with all clients.
- Keeps the AIC and MAPS group fully informed concerning potential opportunities to market services both internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Louisiana
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with local Parishes
To be a successful Volkert Project Engineer, you must possess the following characteristics:
- A Brand Ambassador for the company who engages and provides Diversity & Inclusion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivating to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Experience and ability to exercise initiative and independent judgement in the solution of work problems
- Must be able to communicate effectively; verbal and written
Volkert is an employee-owned firm, and our culture is expressed in the way we live out our five-fold mission, which serves as a guide for our actions every day.
- To serve the public in a professional and ethical manner
- To serve our clients with quality, innovation, and honest value
- To serve our employees through sustainable corporate growth, employee ownership, and personal development
- To serve our profession by promoting the highest standards of practice
- To serve our neighbors through community service
The words of our chairman, Perry Hand, capture best why we do what we do:
“An engineer is put forth on earth to solve problems. Engineers brought us the quality of life we enjoy today. Together we have laid the groundwork for future generations to continue building upon, so that our future can be as prosperous as our past.”
If you share this passion and want to make a difference, please apply!
- Volkert does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.