Title: API SDET Tester
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Length: 6 Months+
As an API QA SDET team member, this role is responsible for quality and test related process execution with high impact to the business. This includes working with development team providing feedback from requirements through delivery, authoring test plans and test cases, and performing test execution for both project and support related activities. The SDET may also be coordinating on testing standards and processes, including assisting with code reviews. Testing can be manual or automated (Selenium Web Driver will utilized for automation).
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on testability of functional requirements, product designs, and estimating/planning
- Own and be accountable for test strategy, test planning, and test execution
- Conduct Defect Triage meetings as appropriate.
- Understanding of cross-browser development using Browser Stack-like testing tools
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis and identify and implement process improvements.
- Assess quality and test process maturity level and assist in defining strategy to implement best practices.
- Ensure that projects follow prescribed software development life cycle standards.
- Understand and utilize risk based testing techniques
- Determine when test cases are good candidates to be automated
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solution
- Advocate for shift-left approach to testing and be the voice of quality
- Working on an agile team
- 2+ years’ experience with Selenium/Selenium Grid, Junit, TestNG Mocha, Jasmine, Jenkins, TeamCity, Gitlab
- 1+ years’ experience with testing web services, Jira defect tracking, contract testing, SOA testing, API testing, Postman, Java script, Node.js,
Job Type: Contract
- SDET: 9 years (Required)
- Selenium: 5 years (Required)