Manufacturing Engineer - Press
The Isostatic Press Engineer drives new product development and supports engineering initiatives to improve product quality, process efficiency, and department productivity.
1. Drive product development of ceramic is isostatically pressed designs; define and characterize requirements for tooling, pressure, and compaction dynamics.
2. Design process tooling to meet customer specifications and provide estimates of cost and lead time to support on-time delivery of product.
3. Perform design reviews with sales/customers that incorporate a detail-oriented perspective on the impact of the forming process on surface finish/artifacts, dimensional accuracy and projected overall integrity of produced parts.
4. Grow innovation capability to expand the complexity of parts in STC’s portfolio, introduce new tooling, equipment and technology.
5. Contribute to the identification, justification and implementation of capital equipment and engineering projects to support manufacturing objectives.
6. Drive process improvements affecting yields, capacity, cycle times and cost.
7. Optimize machine and material process parameters based on LEAN principles, DOE, statistical analysis and materials science.
8. Work closely with technicians/production personnel in process tracking, optimization, and troubleshooting.
9. Provide technical support to resolve manufacturing disruptions, then develop and implement permanent, sustainable countermeasures to prevent reoccurrence.
10. Develop and deliver training materials in areas identified that require increased organizational awareness and/or functional knowledge.
11. Interface with sales and business development team to assist customers in production build programs.
12. Other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in ceramic engineering, mechanical engineering or related technical field.
2. Process engineering and design experience.
3. Experience operating production and laboratory equipment.
4. Skilled in AutoCad and MS Office applications.
5. Strong organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
6. Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
7. Excellent time management skills.
8. Ability to work independently.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. 3yrs+ engineering experience operating/troubleshooting process and/or automation equipment.
2. Mechanical aptitude.
3. Die tooling and design.
4. Experience with statistical process control and analysis.
5. Lean manufacturing fundamentals & structured problem-solving skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location