Applications Engineer – Cylindrical Gear Grinding
Applications Engineer – Cylindrical Gear Grinding technically supports the Klingelnberg line of cylindrical gear grinding machines. They will work closely with the sales department in order to: check feasibility, conduct gear grinding tests; perform case, cycle time, and production studies as well as demonstrations for customers. Additionally, Applications Engineer – Cylindrical Gear Grinding will support and train Klingelnberg customers in the optimization of equipment, and develop processes and hardware recommendations to improve quality and productivity.
This is a full time, salary position.
- Supervise customer-specific acceptance protocols for new equipment delivery.
- Professionally represent Klingelnberg and its products to customers.
- Provide technical support and engineering assistance for our line gear grinding machines.
- Develop and optimize gear grinding processes for productivity and quality.
- Assist the sales department with feasibility, case studies, cycle time calculations and production studies.
- Demonstrate products to customers though machine trials.
- Train the customer’s engineers and operators about the theory, manufacturing and inspection technologies of gearing as well as equipment functions and operation.
- Troubleshoot and solve numerous mechanical, technical, equipment and process related problems that customers are experiencing (quality, cycle time, etc).
- Prepare technical documentation and reports on project or equipment status, software functions, operational procedures and process optimization.
- Conduct diverse studies: process capability studies, gauge repeatability and reproducibility studies, tool life studies and correlation studies.
- Customer support both in person and via phone/e-mail.
- Work in close collaboration with the sales and service departments.
- Exposure/experience in manufacturing and inspection of gear components.
- Interest/experience with cylindrical gear grinding technology.
- Advanced technical aptitude and manual dexterity.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and trouble shooting skills.
- Experience handling CNC machines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work systematically and independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Willingness to travel within the US and Canada (up to 50%).
- Fluent in verbal and written technical English.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Five years of related experience preferred.
- Experience in presenting and conducting trainings.
- Proficient with computer-aided drafting (CAD) software.
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid Passport
- Ability to pass background and drug tests
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- 401(K) with matching
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Saline, MI (Ann Arbor / Detroit area)
The Klingelnberg Group is a world leader in the development, manufacture, and sale of machines for bevel gear and cylindrical gear production, measuring centers for gearing and axially symmetrical components as well as customized high-precision gear components. The Company's products are used by customers in automotive, truck, aircraft, agriculture, construction, power tool and marine industries and by a diverse set of customers serving various industrial equipment markets. Klingelnberg America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.'
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Mechanical engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations