Job Description Summary
- Works within a highly focused cross functional teams to design and develop robust and sustainable products that meet customer expectations that are cost effective to manufacture.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of Mechanical Engineering principles and their application in solving novel or complex assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures.
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering tasks, creates a resource plan for completion of these tasks, and tracks progress as required.
- Applies statistical techniques and utilizes design of experiments.
- Performs CAD modeling of electromechanical assemblies to support the release of new designs and creates improvements to existing designs.
- Manages the release of engineering documentation.
- Leads and mentors less experienced engineers.
- May be required to consult on a technical specialty, type of facility, equipment or program function.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering plus 10 years related experience, or the equivalent (advanced degree preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical leadership experience in a highly focused cross functional team environment on a large development project is preferred.
- Experience with mechanical CAD tools (preferably SolidWorks 2019), DFSS, FEA, material selection, sheet metal design and fabrication, plastic injection molded part design tooling and qualification; tolerance analysis, GD&T.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts to such tasks as statics, kinetics, strength of materials reliability testing, analysis of variance, correlation studies and sampling theory, statistical analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Primary Work Location
USA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D