WireCo WorldGroup is the world's leader in manufacturing, engineering, and distributing wire rope, synthetic rope, specialized assemblies, wire products and electromechanical cable. We specialize in rope for the gas and oil industry for mining and off shore drilling, cranes, bridges and military installations.
The Technical Service Engineer assists the VP Engineering & Technical Service in providing a liaison between Engineering and all other departments, field management, diversified interests and the customer. This includes delegated responsibility for acting as the facilitator between and for correlation with the sales department, the marketing department, the manufacturing department, and/or the customer regarding the characteristics, uses, capabilities, performance, and acceptability of all corporate products. The Technical Service Engineer must have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide technical assistance to WWG personnel, distributors, and end users through:
Engineering Reports, Product Evaluations, Field investigations, Phone Discussions, Seminars, Training.
2. Identify and process information of both WWG and competitor’s products accurately and expeditiously.
3. Effectively communicate product requirements to manufacturing and other related areas.
4. Train WWG personnel and others on the use, care, inspection, and application of WWG products.
5. Accurately review, create and provide input for product related literature.
6. Conduct plant tours so that corporate objectives are attained.
7. Participate effectively in industry and trade associations and committees.
8. Provide rope service warranty agreements as needed.
9. Provide input and assist in design of WWG products.
Perferred Education Experience
B.S. Mechanical Engineering
Material and Equipment Directly Used
Calculator, Computer, Calipers and other measuring devices
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Must be able to travel, climb ladders & stairways, lift and carry wire rope samples.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability