SDK is an innovative Canadian based Data Analytics company. Our speciality is helping our clients leverage their data assets to optimize their business model. We have numerous opportunities for individuals who get excited about the possibilities of data to help organizations leverage the latest cloud technology on the Microsoft stack.
SDK is looking to increase the size and capabilities of our existing teams. Their next key hire is a Intermediate/Senior Azure Infrastructure DevOps Consultant. You will be an Azure and Datacenter Infrastructure subject matter expert. You will build and maintain relationships with customers, influence long-term strategic direction and act as a trusted advisor helping our customers optimize their cloud investment. You will help customers evaluate their cloud strategy, determine approaches to application and data migration and modernization, and recommend solutions that meet their requirements. You will remove roadblocks to deployment and drive customer satisfaction. This position requires the ability to work in a fast-moving environment, with excellent client facing communications skills. The work will be based out of our Calgary office.
Role and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for performing technical delivery and advisory services. The key focus will be execution of implementation, deployment, and upgrade projects, with a consultative approach aimed at promoting modern technologies in the customer workplace. You will be working with and supporting customers in small, medium, and large environments. The scope of work is extensive, and all candidates must have a broad range of Microsoft functional and technical capabilities and specifically, proficiency with the following technologies: Azure – including both IaaS and PaaS, ADFS, virtualization, Azure Monitor, Azure SQL Service, API Management, Key Vault, and the Azure BI stack (e.g. Data Lake, Data Warehouse, Analysis Services, Data Bricks, etc.
· Perform Azure implementation, deployment, and migration activities
· Experience in analyzing existing operations and making recommendations for the improvement and growth of the operating environment
· Experience on automation and testing
Execute requirements gathering and decision guidance workshops
· Experience with log management and monitoring technologies
· Experience with using incident management systems, such as Jira, Azure DevOps, or ServiceNow
· Develop IP for all service offerings – templates, best practices, operations runbooks, architecture and design documents, training/knowledge transfer packs
· Troubleshooting with peers and third-party vendors to resolve infrastructure issues; ·
· Provide mentorship and internal support to a peer group of consultants
· Health checks & assessments
· Ability to work within a highly collaborative environment.
· Graduate with a Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
· 4+ years of Azure implementation and operation experience, systems development, network operations, software support
· The ability to accurately and effectively communicate both the technical and non-technical aspects of Microsoft cloud technologies and products to a variety of stakeholders within a wide array of presentation settings
· 4-6 years of experience in a technical consulting or Enterprise technical support environment with demonstrated knowledge in the following areas:
· IT infrastructure, capacity management, availability management, operations management * Planning and documentation of assessments and roadmaps
· Understanding of Azure networking, including Virtual Networks, Virtual Network Gateways, Network Virtual Appliances
· Deep Azure IaaS experience, including VMs, Scalesets, Load Balancers, Availability Sets, Azure Storage, Backup/DR
· Strong initiative – must be able to work with a minimum of supervision
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Effective learning skills, works well in a team environment
· Flexibility to work on different types of software development, as requested by our clients
· Passion to learn
· Drive to succeed
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
- Azure: 3 years (Preferred)