The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to join a team who inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Long Range Hypersonics Weapons (LHRW) team in Huntsville, AL.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Work under direction of senior mechanical engineers to research, design, analyze, and develop mechanical and propulsion components, assemblies and systems for Lockheed Martin Space products.
- Participate in issue resolution, developing solutions to technical problems of varying complexity while assuring sound technical content and timely closure.
- Develop, review and maintain engineering drawings, specifications, and technical analyses necessary to support product build and testing activities.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
- Knowledge of mechanical modeling or analysis tools, such as Solidworks/, Nastran, or Thermal Desktop
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Secret security clearance; US citizenship required
- Understanding and ability to apply basic Mechanical Engineering principles, theories and concepts
- Knowledge of Mechanical Design Principles including Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Fundamental understanding of structures, mechanisms and materials
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Desire to work with propulsion, structures, mechanisms, thermal, analysis and all things Lockheed Martin Space
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.