- You may be new to the health and safety field, however you love technology and have catalyst energy (you can get people moving)!
- Are passionate about workplace safety and health and helping organizations improve and evolve their workplace safety management and culture!
- You are high achieving, resourceful and self directed!
- You are outgoing, love people and are patient with them… and you are an excellent communicator!
- Would like to contribute your experience, ideas and enthusiasm to help make an amazing team even better as we blaze the trail into new frontiers of workplace safety and health performance.
- 1Life Workplace Safety Solutions is a dedicated group of Safety Professionals and Software Developers passionate about sending workers home safe at the end of the workday and protecting business owners from workplace safety related risk.
- Since 2009 we have been developing proprietary software solutions; allowing small - mid -sized organizations to increase their risk management while saving time and costs.
- We think Outside the Box! We all want to contribute to making the word a better place...while having fun along the way!
- Every role is critically important and every person and their ideas matter! To that end we invest in the development of our people and lead with a "best brains, collaborative, team-based approach".
Awards include 3 time Canadian Society of Safety Engineering “Excellence by a Group”, Canadian Safety Leader of the Year finalist, Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Trust. We have newly renovated office that is centrally located just a few blocks from Osborne Village at the corner of Stradbrook and Donald.
If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company where you will have the freedom to put your stamp on Workplace Safety in Canada ……. this may be the place for you.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Provide support to Senior Safety Professionals to optimize their time as they advise and coach clients to continually improve their Safety Management Systems.
- Assist with development and implementation of Safety Management Systems, draft audit and inspection reports.
- Develop and improve written technical documents
- Set up / monitor / update clients Safety Management Systems in mySafetyAssistant (software application)
Key characteristics that describe you: trustworthy, high standards, accountable, delivers on promises, courageous, collaborative, great communicator, learns from others, optimistic and enthusiastic,
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
- Administration experience is an assett.
- Ability to work independently with strong self-management skills
- Open to feedback and willing to make changes, coachable
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills to effectively nourish relationships
- Strong communication skills, ability to convey message in an organized, clear and effective manner
- A self-starter, taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to adhere to deadlines and manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking/problem solving skills as well as accuracy
- Goes beyond job requirements to seek opportunities and generate ideas for improvements
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint including the ability to format) and aptitude
What we offer:
- An amazing corporate culture and a supportive and collaborative team
- Personal and professional development
- Dynamic, rapidly growing, award winning company with the opportunity for advancement as we grow
- Competitive compensation and generous benefits program
- Paid parking
Next Steps: If you think this position may have potential for you, then send us your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter , please (briefly) outline the following 4 items (in 4 separate numbered paragraphs please):
- Relevant qualifications and work experience in Canada
- Why you are you a good match for this role
- Your “philosophy” on safety leadership
- Your desired remuneration (ball park)
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in us. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and believe strongly in diversity.
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
- Employee assistance programs
- Wellness programs
- Bonus scheme
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Workplace safety / Adminstration: 2 years (Required)