R&D Engineer I
Careers That Change Lives
In this role you will have the authority to play a key role in the ideation, development, design, implementation, test and transfer to manufacturing of medical devices.
A Day in the Life
- You will participate in the development of prototypes, verification/validation units and product specifications, including material specifications, assembly drawings and manufacturing documentation
- You will establish the testing plan, device limitations and acceptance criteria and ensure the timely completion of the technical deliverables
- You will provide sustaining engineering direction and support for existing products
- You will have a continual awareness of new and advancing technologies and be able to provide conceptual and practical applications for products used during ENT/NT procedures/surgeries
- You will create Intellectual Property (IP) through idea and product submissions and patent applications
- You will travel to observe surgeries, attend sponsored meetings and meet with suppliers
- You will have a Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or an advanced degree
Nice to Have
§ Complete understanding and wide application of technical principals, theories and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related principals
§ Ability to apply engineering analysis techniques and tools
§ Experience with CAD software, engineering analysis
§ Strong problem solving and analytical skills
§ Effective communication and presentation skills at all levels of the organization
§ Exposure to medical device regulations
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)