With five offices serving the Northwest, ALLWEST is the provider of choice for geotechnical and environmental engineering, and construction materials testing & inspection services. As an employee-owned company, we believe in a culture of growth that supports our clients, our communities, and our employees.
Based in southern Idaho, in the vibrant greater Boise area with its balance of urban activities and outdoor adventures, our Meridian office is growing!
We have an opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer with management experience. We'd like the successful candidate to transition to the Engineering Services Manager within 6 months of hire. This position will have you working in the office and in the field so you'll have variety in your workday.
- Cultivate relationships with clients to include business development and project management.
- Collaborate with the testing and environmental department on projects.
- Prepare fee estimates and geotechnical proposals.
- Perform subsurface exploration (via drilling or test pit methodology) and evaluate ground conditions and understand their impact on design and construction.
- Conduct geotechnical design and analysis, including shallow and deep foundation design, retaining wall design, slope stability analysis, liquefaction analysis, settlement analysis and seismic assessments.
- Prepare geotechnical engineering evaluations/reports.
- Lead and develop the Engineering department including mentoring less experience engineering staff.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Geological Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Current Professional Engineer (PE) registration
- 6+ years of PE experience in geotechnical engineering
- Project management experience
- Exceptional communications skills, both verbal and written
- Experience dealing with clients and developing new business
- Ability to lead and develop junior engineering staff.
- AutoCAD experience is a plus
ALLWEST Meridian is based in a vibrant community, which boasts a balance of urban activities and outdoor adventures. With a work environment that provides competitive salaries, paid time off and holidays, health and welfare benefits, continuing education, 401(k) plan with company match, and a company ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan); there's a lot to love here!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Geotechnical Engineering: 6 years (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location