SES is the world’s leading researcher, developer, and manufacturer of Li-Metal technologies and products. And we are building a complete ecosystem of materials, cells, modules, Artificial Intelligence Battery Management Systems (BMS), and recycling.
Materials: World’s leader with proprietary technology, strong IP portfolio, and large-scale manufacturing capabilities in thin lithium foil, high purity salt, and high concentration electrolyte.
Cells: World’s leader in Li-Metal cell design, engineering, and manufacturing. Currently building more Li-Metal cells than the rest of the world combined.
Modules: World’s leader in Li-Metal pack/module design, engineering, and manufacturing.
AI BMS: Integrating machine learning, the world’s largest data pool for Li-Metal cells/modules/packs, and a fundamental physical understanding of failure mechanisms into a BMS that can predict safety incidents, monitor cell life, and improve overall performance.
Recycling: Turning cycled mossy lithium back into lithium compounds which can be used to produce fresh lithium materials such as salt, cathode, and ingot.
SES has operations in both Boston and Shanghai, leveraging a global supply chain and talent force to build an entire Li-Metal ecosystem.
The SES Li-Metal ecosystem can be utilized in many exciting applications including space communications using High Altitude Pseudo Satellites (HAPS), drone deliveries, and manned electric transportation both on land (EV) and in the air (eVTOL). HAPS and drones are initial markets to validate and improve the technology and build a steady revenue source, the final goal is to power EV and eVTOL.
For more info, please visit our website: www.ses.ai
We are looking for an Associate Engineer to support the Research & Development (R&D) group. We are building Li-Metal battery cells and push the limits of fundamental electrochemistry. This is a great opportunity to learn the basics of batteries.
This person will specifically help in three areas:
- Help build R&D Battery Cells. Reports into and work closely with Cell Engineer.
- Handle R&D Cell testing. Reports into and work closely with Test Engineer.
- Measure and manage chemicals that go into cell builds.
- Handle equipment for R&D cell builds and testing.
The position is based in Woburn, MA.
- Recent graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Materials Science, Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering.
- Previous internship or co-op experience in the relevant field is a plus.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Strong organizational and communication skills with good attention to detail
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a fast-moving team.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $67,920.00 - $184,269.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Chemical engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place