McCord Engineering, Inc. is looking for an electric distribution electrical engineer to join our firm. The ideal candidate will have a professional engineering (PE) license, but an individual who can become a PE will be considered. The position will be full time, primarily involved with electric distribution engineering designs for electric cooperative clients in North Texas. The candidate will be required to work in the north Dallas/Denton area.
· Able to design or provide detailed direction to technical staff in one or more of the following electric engineering areas: overhead distribution line designs, system planning, system modeling.
· Provide interpretation of relevant codes, standards, regulations and guidelines (including NESC).
· Project management on smaller projects, including direct client relationship.
· Coordinate tasks between departments within McCord Engineering, Inc., sub-consultants, vendors and client.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
These examples are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work expected to be performed. The examples of work performed are neither restricted to nor all-encompassing of the duties to be performed under this job title.
· Overhead electric distribution power line construction staking & inventory
· Overhead electric distribution power line construction staking sheet development
· Be proficient at Computer Aided Drafting (AutoCAD)
· Supervise the preparation of cost estimates for overhead electric distribution power line projects
· Prepare plan and profile drawings for electric distribution power line design or permit
· Principles and practices of electrical engineering as applied to the design and construction of an electrical power distribution (EPD) system.
· Methods and materials used in the construction, operation, and maintenance of an EPD system.
· Fundamentals and practices of electrical engineering.
· Safety practices and State and Federal regulations relating to EPD system operation, maintenance and construction.
· Methods and tools of drafting.
· Computer applications: MS Office, AutoCAD and EPD system analysis software.
· Properly interpret and make decisions in accordance with Federal and State laws, regulations, and policies.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
· Perform technical electrical engineering work of a complex nature.
· Review plans and documents for conformance to regulations.
· Develop design drawings for customers and construction teams.
· Gather data and make accurate engineering computations.
· Prepare plans and specifications, neatly and accurately.
· Establish and maintain electric cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Five years of experience in electrical engineering work preferred but not required. A PE license in the State of Texas is also preferred but not required. Will consider an individual that has the ability to become a Professional Engineer.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in engineering, preferably Power Engineering.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our priority! We have offered the option to work from home, increased cleaning and sanitation at the office, and complied with state and local face mask guidelines.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Denton, TX 76201 (Preferred)
- electrical engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- State of Texas Professional Engineering (P.E.) License (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place