About ABLE Company
The ABLE Company (Associated Boiler Line Equipment Company, Inc.) is a full service power plant equipment, instrumentation and controls specialist serving the industrial, institutional and utility sectors. The company was founded in 1972 and is the regional leader for sales, installation and startup of industrial boiler control systems, instrumentation and capital equipment for the region’s steam plants. Our customers, located primarily in NY, NJ and New England, include utilities, hospitals, universities, institutions and major manufacturers with central high pressure steam or high temperature hot water generating facilities that are used to support their manufacturing processes, heating or power generation requirements.
The ABLE Company (Associated Boiler Line Equipment Company, Inc.) is an equal opportunity employer.
Our company, based in Milford CT, is growing and we are looking for an experienced Control System Design Engineer for electrical design and configuration of boiler combustion control systems, burner management systems and related balance of plant control systems.
Sr. Control System Design Engineer duties include:
- Creation of control system wiring diagrams using AutoCAD
- Programming of Allen Bradley Logix PLCs
- Programming of touch screen operator interfaces
- Programming of various loop controllers
- Design of Proficy iFIX and Wonderware SCADA Systems
- Review of project specifications to assure compliance with customer requirements.
- Selection of instrumentation for flow, pressure, and temperature measurement applications.
- Technical support of the company’s sales efforts.
- Creation of submittals, training instructions and O&M Manuals
- Support of the control system fabrication, commissioning and startup activities. This effort may require regional travel and typically involves factory testing of the control cabinets, supervision of the installation effort, troubleshooting, calibration, loop testing, safety limit testing and combustion testing in conjunction with our field service engineers.
Sr. Control System Design Engineer Qualifications include:
- Minimum five years of PLC programming experience (10+ years preferred)
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- Strong instrumentation and control system integration background
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals, objectives and schedule requirements
- Previous combustion, boiler or burner experience is desirable but not mandatory
- Strong technical skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package including medical, disability, pension and expense account. We recognize our team member’s achievements and have the small company flexibility to reward them accordingly.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- System Design: 7 years (Required)
- AutoCAD: 7 years (Required)
- Programmable Logic Controllers: 7 years (Required)