Job Title: Marine Construction Coordinator
Job Types: Short-Term / Full-time
The vessel is currently in New Orleans. Vessel crew will prepare for transit to Miami. Upon completion, the crew will deliver the vessel to Miami. Once in Miami, the crew will continue preparing the vessel for the issuance of COI.
Reports to: Senior Project Manager
- Ensure customer satisfaction for assigned projects.
- Responsible for the overall success of assigned projects with respect to project completion within safety, time, quality and cost targets.
- Develops a plan in conjunction with Superintendent and Foreman to execute each project.
- From the contract, manage all ordering of equipment and materials.
- Responsible of updating all operational logs and reports to Senior Project Manager and Owners.
- Ensures Superintendent, Foremen and Field Staff have completed in a timely and accurate manner all required work and corresponding reports and documents.
- Manages subcontractor's schedules to meet the master construction schedule.
- Initiates change orders and follow up with the client to ensure the change orders are recognized, documented and signed by the client.
- Ensures that jobs are performed within cost and schedule commitments. Submits all documentation in a timely manner.
- Ensures proper administration of construction contracts and obtains all necessary permits and licenses.
- Review all punch lists and ensures their timely completion.
- Reviews project progress daily. Reviews progress weekly using job cost reports, budget vs. actual, vendor costs, labor hours or other related information to manage the project.
- Ensures safety policies and practices are followed and coordinates with the Safety Director.
- 5 years of construction or general industry experience, with a minimum of 5 years of marine construction work
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook and Microsoft Project
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Experience in Federal and Government Projects, especially in US Army Corps of Engineers a plus
- Spanish and or Russian speaker a plus
- Army Corps of Engineers Construction Management for Contractors Training and 30 Hour OSHA Training is preferred
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Salary: $24.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Ship Building: 2 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Belle Chasse, LA 70037 (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required