KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology—every process and every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, and more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology and manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds and innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time and costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity. We believe different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences.
Responsible for Define, Develop & Deploy phases of automation for all current and future component and CLT factories. Automation will include Robotics, In-line hard automation with custom build features, measurement and test capability as well as off-line uses of handling and storage system such as AGV and ASRS.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Interface with factory ops to ensure automation is prioritized based on needs/cost/ROI & quality and overall delivery performance.
- Integrate system automation with shop-floor automation and MES
- Interface with Robotics, Machine builder and Integrator
- Lead FAT and SAT and support future upgrades to automation
- Build pre-commissioning and commissioning test procedures with fault logic detection
- Develop equipment/automation training plan for line operators and technician.
- Participate in industry consortium meetings and bring advance automation ideas to Katerra to ultimately lead us to fully lights-out / Zero labor / Zero touch factory
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years of experience as an automation engineer
- Experience with robotics programming: ABB, Kuka, etc
- Experience in Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc
- Hands on design/assembly of a complex machine, end of arm tool and fixture design.
- Pneumatic, vision control, and limited electrical experience.
- Planning and execution of pre-commissioning and commissioning of major mechanical/plant equipment.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning and successfully working in multicultural environments.
Preferred Skills & Experience
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
- Automation controls including programming of PLCs or IPCs
- Transferrable skills of automation from other industry with both continuous flow and discrete assembly process.
- Familiar with sensors and real time data access and analytics.
- Automation implementation in Assembly/Process and Finished goods handling/transportation – preferably with larger, heavy payload products
- Work with linking automation to Factory MES for routing controls & visibility. Shop floor development support tied to system automation
- Data acquisition for real-time analytics, CAD-CAM, CIM
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.