DESCRIPTION: Elcon Associates is an electrical and systems engineering firm founded in 1975 and headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We specialize in power, communications and control systems, lighting, and rail systems engineering including traction power, overhead contact systems, signals, corrosion control and systems integration. We provide comprehensive electrical engineering services for a wide range of projects within the following market segments – Rail & Transit, Utilities & Power, Renewable Energy, Airports, Industrial & Commercial Buildings, Marine Ports, and Water & Wastewater.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Perform computer aided drafting and basic design of electrical power distribution, substation and overhead contact system design for rail transit facilities. Scope also includes lighting, fire alarm, and communication systems.
- Candidates need to be familiar with schematics including one-line and riser diagrams, electrical plan view drawings, and knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) is preferred.
- Create layouts, sketches and 2D/3D modeling and electronic document drawing files.
- Utilize AutoCAD and Revit MEP (3D modeling standard) for modeling and space coordination.
- Prepare drawings and sketches using CAD workstations, project design criteria, and technical manuals.
- Working closely with engineers to coordinate the production of designs.
- 3 - 4 years of electrical drafting & design experience and an AutoCADD Certification.
- Associate’s Degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred.
- Experience with Microstation is a plus.
- Must demonstrate strong ethical behavior while striving to produce quality work within project budgets and schedules.
- Must understand the value of Client satisfaction.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to multi-task on several design projects.
- Able to meet challenging deadlines.
- Self-starter with sound judgment and decisiveness.
Elcon encourages individual achievement and recognizes the strength of a diverse workforce. Elcon offers a competitive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term coverage, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave as well as a creative and friendly office. Elcon is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00 to $32.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement