Associated Engineer I Job Description
Job Family Responsibilities:
- This office-based position is responsible for the design of building automation systems using company tools and operating protocols.
- Receives project specifications from sales team and designs building automation system and service installed jobs.
- Chooses the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solution.
- Prepares all required submittals and schedules subsequent hand-off to operations.
- Handles the ordering of all required products and equipment.
- Acts as a technical resource to team and customer as needed.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
- May participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or building management.
- Independently designs building automation systems for standard and/or critical environment facilities such as data centers or laboratories.
- May need to create unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements.
- Designs building automation systems for large and/or complex buildings consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, DDC panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications and contract documents.
- Designs mainly large complex building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, third-party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Generates DDC point database on all projects. Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and system specialist for use in commissioning and validation.
- Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope. Prepares specifications and drawings for special components and panels purchased from outside suppliers. Selects proper types and sizes of company products and outside suppliers to meet project requirements.
- Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor.
- Oversees the creation of system graphics.
- Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information.
- Orders and tracks all required products and materials for timely delivery on the job site. May perform some field activities as required.
- Associates degree in Electronics or other technical field or equivalent experience. Bachelors degree preferred. 1-3 years engineering /systems or other related experience. Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required.
- Proficiency in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, MDT/CT, Navigator, time management tools and AutoCAD required. Good verbal and written communication skills. Able to design medium to large standard jobs with some deviation from standard tools, products or practices. 1-4 years engineering experience.
- Participates in semi-complex drawings to suit engineering changes and processes engineering change requests.
- Supports the creation of semi-complex design layouts and detail drawings of semi-complex products. Supports compiling materials and specification sheets. Participates in determining dimensions/specifications necessary on semi-complex drawing.
- Participates in semi-complex investigations related to product design and maintenance.
- Participates in reviewing semi-complex engineering drawings and supporting documents for adherence to drafting standards.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred. HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
Key Working Relationships:
- Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a technical or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices. Generally, 2-5 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key
- Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Primarily intra-organizational contacts and limited external contacts. limited external contacts.
Siemens Industry, Inc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.