ATI, Inc. (www.atiinc.com) provides AE Design, Environmental Consulting,
Facility/Program Management and Construction services. Our Environmental
Consulting division provides environmental consulting, engineering, remediation and related construction services to federal, state, municipal and commercial clients across the United States. ATI seeks to hire and retain some of the finest environmental professionals in the industry. To do so, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, competitive salaries; health/prescription/dental/vision coverage; paid holidays, vacation and sick leave; company matched 401K plan; continuing education benefits; and much more.
Company Headquarters is in Columbia, MD but we will consider a fully remote position for the right candidate.
We are currently seeking an Environmental Engineer or Geologist to work with senior management to plan, design, and direct field investigation and remedial action programs, interpret results, and prepare reports for environmental projects under Federal and commercial contracts. This person will lead a design team for various projects and work as a part of a larger team to prepare investigations, remediation design and construction drawings, technical specifications, and contract documents. Experience with PFOS/PFOA is desirable.
- Design and negotiate remedial solutions for contaminated soil, groundwater, vapor, and sediment, using innovative and emerging remedial treatment technologies as well as traditional systems.
- Assist clients in developing and implementing contaminated site management strategies.
- Evaluate various remedial technologies for applicability at specific sites.
- Perform remediation design tasks including evaluating field data, performing calculations, estimating quantities and costs, and preparing design reports.
- Provide field support as needed for design parameter development and during construction for oversight and Construction Quality Assurance purposes.
- Provide general engineering support on environmental projects related to performance assurance, compliance, and transactional services.
- Prepare technical proposals and participate in proposal and business development with existing clients and identified leads.
- Manage projects and tasks, appropriately delegate assignments to project teams, and mentor junior staff.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Communicate with clients, subcontractors, regulatory agents, and site contacts.
- Oversee and work productively with subcontractors while assuring work scopes and safety requirements are met.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in civil, environmental, chemical or geotechnical engineering or geology or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in environmental consulting specializing in the planning and managing of a variety of remedial investigations, studies and remedial actions that involve multidisciplinary project teams.
- Project experience with federal clients.
- Relevant direct experience with complex site investigation/remediation projects under a variety of local, state and federal regulatory structures
- Professional Registration or Licensure.
- Understanding of environmental regulatory processes (federal and state levels), a broad range of in-situ and ex-situ remedial technologies, and remediation design and environmental construction.
- Experience performing design calculations and preparing design reports, construction drawings, technical specifications, and contract documents.
- Working knowledge of remedial actions, technologies, and processes commonly employed at sites of environmental contamination for soil, subsurface soil, vapor intrusion, soil gas, groundwater, surface water, and sediment.
- Ability to prepare complex written technical reports (e.g., Remedial
Investigation Reports, feasibility studies, etc.). with minimal oversight, senior QC of reports prepared by others, and the ability to direct and mentor mid- and junior-level staff during the interpretation of data and preparation of technical reports.
- Strong project and task management, field investigation, analytical and computer skills.
- Must be able to work constructively in diverse teams including engineers, scientists, technicians, and non-technical personnel.
- Organization, critical interpretative analysis, written communication, and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to work outdoors at field sites at any time of year (up to 25% of the time) including out of state overnight stays.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- PFOS/PFOA experience desired.
- DoD experience preferred.
- Post graduate degree related field.
- Performance-based remediation and fixed firm price delivery experience.
- 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER and current 8-Hr refresher is a plus.
If interested, please provide a resume and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Environmental Consulting: 10 years (Required)