1.0 About ESS, our team, and what we are looking for:
Energy Storage Systems (ESS Inc) is a fast-growing, venture-backed, multi patented, clean technology start-up, located in Wilsonville, OR. ESS has developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines an environmentally safe, abundant and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. Our advanced flow battery technology combines high performance with low cost, renewable integration designed for commercial, industrial, and utility applications.
Our team boasts decades of experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies. We are team building a disruptive, cutting edge technology. We are looking for motivated, hard-working, like-minded people to join our team of individuals who have a passion for sustainability, the environment, and who thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting. This position involves close interaction with numerous engineering disciplines. Applicant must be comfortable working in a team environment that is fast paced and dynamic. A strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement is required.
2.0 Position Profile:
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) performs customer installs, repairs and preventative maintenance of ESS turnkey system – Energy Warehouse. The FSE positively interacts with customers to solve technical problems and identify areas to improve their work. The FSE also looks for opportunities increase revenues by providing more services to the customer. This job is based in greater Portland area but will involve travel to customer sites.
3.0 Primary Responsibilities
- Provides onsite installation of ESS Energy Warehouse, upgrades, updates, repairs, and planned maintenance service.
- Displays professionalism, understanding, tact, fairness, and technical knowledge in all customer interactions.
- Achieves specified revenue targets while satisfying customer from instrument repair, installs and PM’s.
- Achieves customer satisfaction (CAS) targets as specified annually.
- Interacts with customers to offer and close the sale of service contracts and other service products.
- Collaborates with internal partners to resolve customer issues and improve processes.
- Follows all reporting responsibilities of Remote Service Dispatch (RSD), Escalation, Field Problem Report (FPR) and Field Service Report (FSR) submissions.
- Is familiar with and follow policies that pertain to the handling of spare parts: ordering, usage, returns, physical count, car stock management, etc.
- Executes Qualification & Validation Products at customer sites.
- Maintains their technical competency level servicing by attending trainings, staff meetings and remaining up to speed on new products, markets, customers and competitors.
- Manages travel expenses and follows ESS travel policies and guidelines.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Working experience with large industrial system, battery or fuel cell systems is desired.
- Experience in customer-facing role is a plus.
- Uses effective questioning to identify customer needs
- Exercises judgment setting work priorities and identifies next steps
- Requires minimal oversight
5.0 Requirements & Qualifications
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or other Engineering disciplines is required
- Participates as a positive influence on the team
- Legally authorized, U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency. – See Note:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to follow job required Standards and Safety Protocols, per pre-defined processes.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protection Equipment according to OSHA rules and regulations.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with dynamic daily priorities.
- Experience in new-product introduction and scale to manufacturing.
- Must be willing to travel both domestically and internationally
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, and who does not require a visa sponsorship or who is of H1B1 status.
6.0 What ESS Offers
- Benefits: In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, headquartered in the middle of the beautiful Pacific Northwest valley, ESS offers a competitive benefits package: Company assisted Health insurance, Medical & Dental; FLEX spending account; 6 paid holidays; 401K, a generous PTO accrual; and public transportation assistance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Wilsonville, OR 97070 (Preferred)
- Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical or Engineering disciplines (Preferred)
- One location
- Multiple locations
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly