THIS IS A JUNIOR LEVEL POSITION. WILL ONLY CONSIDER CANDIDATES WITH NO MORE THAN 3 YEARS OF CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE. WILL CONSIDER RECENT GRADUATES IN THE CONSTRUCTION/ENGINEERING SCIENCES AND CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT.
Our client, a developer and owner of Class A commercial properties is seeking someone with a desire to learn & grow and be part of the overall success of the team and company.
The Assistant Construction Project Manager is responsible for managing all design, permitting, and construction aspects of assigned projects from feasibility through design and construction. The Assistant Construction Manager ensures these activities occur on time, for the least cost, and with quality. This position coordinates and communicates the activities of engineers, architects, contractors, and utility companies.
· Must have 1-3 years construction experience in commercial construction.
Must have a Bachelors degree within the construction/engineering fields.
· The Assistant Construction Project Manager must be able to read blueprints.
· Candidate must have or be willing to obtain Top Secret security clearance (paid for by company & done on company time)
· The Assistant Construction Project Manager assists with preparation of construction budgets.
· Prepare monthly Construction Cost Reports, ensuring change orders are reflected and updated.
· Review and approve consultant & contractor invoices regularly.
· Prepare preliminary schedules, monitor schedules monthly and keep team members updated.
· Supervise and coordinate the work of design firms including architect, land planner, civil engineer, and geotechnical engineers, and other specialized consultants as required.
· Coordinate with public utility companies and manage offsite roads or transportation issues.
· Make or coordinate applications for all site and building permits.
· Bid, negotiate and administer all contracts in accordance with company policy and procedures.
· The Assistant Construction Project Manager chairs weekly contractor meetings.
· Review and negotiate all change orders.
· Coordinate with all utilities during project design and construction.
· Complete punch lists in a timely manner and secure written sign-off.
· Communicate with neighbors adjacent to the development to keep them informed
of the status of the project and address any concerns they may have.
· Ensure the customer is satisfied with the condition of their facility.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Commercial Construction: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance