Sterling Computers has a fully funded program that we have had staff on for 18 years now. This role is contingent upon clearance acceptance on the program. Secret is minimum, Top Secret is preferred. Must be a US Citizen
We are looking for the following skills:
Sr. Principal Systems Engineer (Storage)
Position Description / Other Requirements:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with the system engineering team to understand customer business needs and priorities
- Define system and technical requirements, including both functional and non-functional, to support storage management system development within the SAFe Agile methodology
- Develop conceptual, logical, and physical designs for storage solutions
- Develop and maintain storage solutions for managing structured and unstructured data
- Develop and maintain storage solutions for data ingestion (batch and streaming)
- Monitor and tune storage solutions for optimal performance
- Develop and maintain secure storage solutions that are compliant with DISA STIG and NIST specifications (security controls)
- Monitor production and non-production storage solutions for performance and troubleshoot issues as required
- Provide production and operational support, as needed, to ensure deployed storage solutions meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Develop and maintain backup/restore solutions to support production and non-production storage solutions
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a STEM Field (Science, Technical, Engineering or Math) and a minimum of 5 years of experience in Systems Engineering, Cyber Security or another Engineering field of experience; 3 years with Masters; 0 years with PhD.
- Willingness to obtain CompTIA Security + CE Certification before start.
- Experience supporting storage engineering activities for software projects specializing in development of enterprise web applications
- Systems engineering experience across the full systems development life cycle, requirements development, design, implementation and maintenance.
- Experience developing conceptual, logical, and physical diagrams.
- Experience with designing storage solutions involving storage of structured and unstructured data, data ingestion via batch and streaming, and ETL processes
- Experience developing storage solutions for high volume, highly available, and secure software systems
- Experience developing storage solutions in a secure environment that are required to meet DISA STIG and NIST specifications (security controls)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Willingness and ability to obtain an interim Secret clearance before start Prime would facilitate the clearance application process.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Current, active interim Secret (or higher) clearance
- Current CompTIA Security + CE Certification
- Dell EMC Unity/Isilon storage experience
- Dell EMC Unity Solutions Specialist (E20-393) Certificate
- Dell EMC Isilon Solutions Specialist (E20-559) Certificate
- Appropriate certification as required by DoD Directive 8570 (such as CISSP, CASP for an IASAE Level II Position
- Top Secret Clearance
- 5+ years of experience in cloud based environments including the development of storage solutions that are based on a hybrid-cloud architecture
- Experience in enterprise software system modernization efforts
- Experience developing storage solutions in an incremental manner using the SAFe Agile methodology
Sterling Computers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or applicable local law.