Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company. For additional information, visit www.sequa.com.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a opening to join our Engineering organization.
POSITION SUMMARY: Individuals working in the Project Engineer III role at Chromalloy are responsible for development and implementation of new components, repairs, and processes. The Engineer will be responsible for development and implementation of the individual operations required to produce a component or repair including creating technical work instructions, creating machining programs, developing inspection criteria, programming equipment, and establishing the supply chain with the support of the rest of the team. In addition to development of new processes, the Engineer will provide technical support to production staff and customer service as needed. Technical support may include troubleshooting equipment, identifying root cause of issues and implementing corrective actions, and providing training to production staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties and responsibilities regularly performed for this position are:
- Develop component manufacturing and repair procedures
- Develop new or improve upon existing repair procedures and/or processes
- Disposition of production discrepancies
- Write repair procedures, specifications, and other technical documents
- Train production and inspection staff
- Prepare cost estimates
- Customer support technical liaison
- Support other Chromalloy facilities as needed
- Embrace/implement continuous improvement and lean principles in all activities
- Lead improvement / kaizen events
- Maintain department safety and housekeeping standards
- Ensure compliance with Quality Manual (QM)
- Must be aware of ISO – Total Customer Satisfaction (TCS) quality requirements
- Ensure compliance with Company RSM, must be aware of ISO/TCS quality requirements
- Adhere to all Company health, safety and environmental policies while performing job duties
- Adhere to and promote Corporate Code of Ethical Standards
- Regular and reliable attendance
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
The Required EDUCATION, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE requirements of this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years’ experience
- Able to read/write in English
- Fanuc / Staubli or other robotic programming experience
- CAD NX / Solidworks / Keycreator or other equivalent experience
- CAM Surfcam / NX Cam or other equivalent experience
- Experience with non-conventional machining methods such as EDM, Laser, etc..
- Working knowledge of ISO9001 / AS9100 standards
- Good technical skills with the ability to accurately interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, and engineering specifications and interpret GD&T notation
The Preferred EDUCATION, SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE for this position are:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering with 10+ years of Engineer
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Aerospace manufacturing or design experience
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously and transition based on priorities
- Problem-solving abilities
- Ability to improve and develop new business processes
- Leadership abilities including coaching and influencing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work effectively individually or as part of a team
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics can be obtained from the EH&S Manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities or essential functions of the job.
Chromalloy offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off