Miniature Casting Corporation is a manufacturer of world class precision zinc die cast components, located in Cranston, Rhode Island. For the last 35 years, Miniature Casting Corp., a family owned business, has specialized in the contract-based production of a variety of components spanning industries from medical devices to electronics to home products. Our tight-knit community has grown significantly over the past few years and continues to do so, as we grow and expand our business.
We are looking for an engineer with significant hands-on experience in Hydraulics and Pneumatics who is capable of applying his/her knowledge and experience to effectively manage production issues, product quality, and new equipment integration. The ability to effectively communicate between all levels of the production process and continually identify areas of improvement is necessary. The role will require a significant amount of time on the manufacturing floor to effectively produce actionable results.The ideal candidate will be technically oriented with considerable experience dealing with hydraulic and pneumatic casting or molding machinery.
Manufacturing improvements: Yield production process improvements. Work with production technicians to understand points of failure and areas of inefficiency. Understand the sources of waste and quality issues. Communicate to management the status of production operations, while identifying potential improvement projects. Consistently collect and use data to drive decisions.
Machine Improvements: Work with management to define and analyze opportunities to improve operations with equipment modifications or new technology. Assume the responsibility for new and existing equipment operation, and for establishing standard operating procedures and document maintenance. Will be responsible for new hire training and ongoing technical training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of three (3) years in production environment with direct hands-on support
- Specific knowledge of and experience with hydraulic and pneumatic machinery
- Understanding of and experience using and applying Lean Processes
- Willingness to work in difficult or harsh work environments (i.e. Excessive heat)
- Experience in a Die Casting or Plastic Injection Molding environment
- Understanding of part design and application
- Knowledge of standard quality control and ISO 9001 practices
This position will report directly to the Vice President of Engineering and will be an independent contributor to the operational work environment.
Applicants must be physically able to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly without injury, as well as perform tasks such as bending over or standing for long periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- metal or plastics manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- Do you have 3 years experience with pneumatic and hydraulic machinery?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift