With five offices serving the Northwest, ALLWEST is the provider of choice for geotechnical and environmental engineering, and construction materials testing & inspection services. As an employee-owned company, we believe in a culture of growth that supports our clients, our communities, and our employees.
ALLWEST is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer based in our Missoula, Montana office. The successful candidate will be able to transition to the Engineering Manager within six months of hire.
- Prepare geotechnical proposals and associated fee estimates.
- Perform and/or direct subsurface exploration (via drilling and/or test pit methodology) and evaluate ground conditions and understand their impact on design and construction.
- Conduct geotechnical design and analysis, including shallow and deep foundation design, retaining wall design, slope stability analysis, liquefaction analysis, settlement analysis, and seismic assessments.
- Prepare geotechnical engineering evaluations/reports.
- Lead and mentor junior engineering staff.
- Lead business development and marketing efforts for ALLWEST Missoula service region.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Geological Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Current Professional Engineer (PE) registration in Montana or ability to obtain Montana licensure within six months.
- Six or more years of experience in geotechnical engineering as a licensed Professional Engineer.
- Project management experience.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience dealing with clients and developing new business.
- Experience leading and developing junior engineering staff.
- AutoCAD experience is a plus.
ALLWEST offers a balance between quality of life in a small, recreation-based community with a work environment that provides competitive salaries; paid time off and holidays; health and welfare benefits; 401k plan with company match; and a company ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Professional Engineer License (Required)
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place