Job Title: Mechatronics Engineer
Cristek Interconnects, Inc. designs and manufactures electrical connectors, cable assemblies, harnesses and related electro-mechanical products primarily for the aerospace and defense markets. Cristek has earned a reputation for responsiveness to the needs and requirements of its customers, and for cultivating a respectful and collaborative environment for its employees. Continuing and planned growth are leading to an expansion of its capabilities and capacities, which includes recruiting a Mechatronics Engineer to improve production processes by identifying and specifying new equipment and processes, designing and implementing new systems, and technically supporting all production functions.
The Mechatronics Engineer will collaborate with other engineers, and with the manufacturing, quality, and supply chain groups at Cristek to develop and implement new production systems that fully satisfy the technical, cost, schedule, and capacity requirements.
- Design engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks.
- Create electro-mechanical design documents for parts, assemblies, or finished products.
- Maintain technical project files.
- Implement and test design solutions.
- Create electro-mechanical models and tolerance analyses to simulate mechatronic design concepts.
- Conduct studies to determine the feasibility, costs, or performance benefits of new mechatronic equipment.
- Publish engineering reports documenting design details or qualification test results.
- Research, select, or apply sensors, communication technologies, or control devices for motion control, position sensing, pressure sensing, machine vision, or electronic communication.
- Identify and select materials appropriate for mechatronic system designs.
- Apply mechatronic or automated solutions to the transfer of materials, components, or finished goods.
- Design advanced precision equipment for accurate or controlled applications.
- Upgrade the design of existing devices by adding mechatronic elements.
- Analyze existing development or manufacturing procedures and suggest improvements.
- Provide consultation or training on topics such as mechatronics or automated control.
- Design, develop, and implement control circuits or algorithms for electro-mechanical devices or systems.
- Develop electronic, mechanical, or computerized processes to perform tasks in dangerous, dirty, or tedious situations.
- Monitor and calibrate automated systems, industrial control systems, or system components to maximize efficiency of production and prevent failures.
- · Directly influence improvements to product quality, operator safety, and production efficiency.
- Collaborate with other engineers and with other departments to improve Cristek’s ability to meet customer needs more quickly and cost-effectively.
- BSME, BSEE, or similar education
- Desire to work in a product development and manufacturing environment, with projects involving automation.
- Experience with CAD software, preferably SolidWorks.
- Programming and test experience with LabView, Python, or similar environments.
- Laboratory experience with multimeters, oscilloscopes, network analyzers, or similar equipment.
- Exposure to manufacturing processes and assembly of precision electro-mechanical parts.
- Experience with robotics and precision motion control and sensing.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work independently, focus, organize work, and complete assignments on time.
- Experience using lean principles and tools, value stream mapping, and six-sigma.
- Experience with statistical control techniques (such as SPC and Cpk).
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Experience with systems evaluation - identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Ability to converse in Spanish.
- Experience with software for simplifying the creation and revision of documentation for manufacturing.
- Knowledge of MIL-Specs and other industry standards used in aerospace and defense designs.
- Experience with ASME Y14.5 GD&T
- Designing and/or specifying electrical connectors, especially micro connectors, nano connectors, and RF connectors.
- Designing customized cables and harnesses.
- Designing machined metal parts, machined and molded plastic parts, or stamped and formed metal parts.
- Knowledge of surface treatments for metals, especially plating and passivating.
Cristek is a proud Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off