A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
As a Planner, you will:
- Create construction designs for new greenfield, plant upgrades and relocation of existing coaxial and fibre distribution facilities
- Provide cost estimates to service new residential and business customers
- Produce aerial and underground support structure designs and construction permit applications
- Maintain accurate real time project database records for progress reporting and financial tracking of projects
- Co-ordinate with internal & external project participants such as stakeholders, technicians, project managers developers, contractors, builders and 3rd party utility companies
- Utilize CAD software for design and permit application drawings
- Identify equipment in plant that can be effectively used for planning and design
- Promote a positive image of Shaw, our products and services
- Various other duties as needed
A typical day
Accountable for performing the project co-ordination and design functions to facilitate the construction, maintenance and repair of our communications network.
- Degree/diploma in a CAD or engineering related course with 3 to 5 years’ experience in coaxial and fibre optics design would be considered an asset
- Experience in cable construction would be an asset
- Experience working with MicroStation or AutoCAD is required
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office is required
- Understanding of processes required in undertaking civil construction would be an asset
- Ability to identify and record Shaw equipment in a field environment
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and provide a driver’s abstract annually
- Ability to work well independently and as a contributing member of a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to liaise effectively with customers and business contacts
- A positive “can do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.