The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible primarily for general maintenance and repairs in guest suites, meeting space, restaurant and common areas. The Maintenance Engineer will also perform some repairs on mechanical, electrical, plumbing, kitchen, and laundry equipment.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Include but not limited to):
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with guests, vendors, co-workers and management.
Ensure guest satisfaction through a properly maintained property, guestrooms and by responding promptly and efficiently to all guest complaints and needs.
Always maintain a guest focus while striving to meet and exceed GSS goals.
Maintain and repair all manageable mechanical operations and equipment including, but not limited to:
- Electrical wiring
- Small plumbing problems
- Windows, doors, locks and keys
- Drywall, wall papering, painting, caulking
- Equipment maintenance
- Furniture and upholstery repair
- Swimming pool and spa operation and upkeep
- Possess a good mechanical knowledge of how to safely operate and maintain all tools
- Respond to and complete all work orders in a timely manner
- Complete and track guest room and equipment preventive maintenance as outlined by Quality Assurance requirements.
- Keep all work areas (shop and guest rooms) neat, clean and orderly
- Maintain an adequate supply of spare parts and light bulbs.
- Check all exterior lighting, public area lighting and signage daily (parking lot lights, building lights, entrance signs, corridor lighting, lobby and elevator lighting
- Assist in controlling expenses in accordance with budget and checkbook totals
- Must wear proper uniform at all times
- Be able to move luggage or packages weighing up to 40 lbs.
- At end of shift ensure all tools are accounted for and rooms worked in are left in “vacant ready” status
- All work completed is logged in maintenance book or property management system
Claremont Companies is an equal opportunity employer. EOE M/F/D/V
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers, coworkers, vendors and customers.
- Must be have the ability to bend, stoop, lift and walk for an extended period of time.
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull and place heavy objects.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Facilities maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)