The Electrical Engineer III is part of a team dedicated to advancing Nanotech’s machine technology. This position is principally responsible for the electrical engineering and support of ultra-precision machine systems for the electro-optics manufacturing industry. This position will utilize CAD software for the design and development of ultra-precision machine systems. The Electrical Engineer I will have the ability to define and resolve engineering problems under limited supervision of more experienced personnel. Typical projects are a combination of new development, maintenance, and revision of existing applications.
- Ability to broadly apply principles, theories, concepts and techniques of the electrical engineering discipline.
- Solve electrical problems using accepted engineering practices under limited supervision of more experienced personnel.
- Ability to lead small projects or phases/portions of lager projects.
- Trouble shoot hydrostatics, pneumatics, PC based controllers, DC servo systems, PMAC or other logic controllers and other sophisticated electronic test equipment.
- Conceptualize and engineer new, unique electrical systems that meet customer requirements.
- Represent panel layouts, schematics, wire run lists and assembly procedures using CAD systems and documentation such as Bill of Materials, specifications, instructions sheets.
- Perform engineering changes (EC) according to standard procedures with extreme attention to detail of the design, how the EC will effect disposition of past, present and future effected products, and EC documentation.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, while effectively managing priorities and communicating progress.
- Actively participate in product design reviews and work directly with the engineering staff to develop cost effective solutions.
- Interface with engineers and technicians of the other Moore business units to help coordinate overall technical activities wherever appropriate and desirable.
- Ensure that all relevant data is collected, reviewed, and filed for all projects in accordance with standard procedures.
- Prepare and present detailed technical reports to management and staff.
- Write / publish papers and present at relevant conferences when mutually agreed upon with management.
- Contribute to written instruction and operation manuals for Nanotech’s products.
- Perform in-house technical support.
- Help to achieve the completion of all projects within budget and on schedule.
- Travel up to 10% of the time.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university and 10+ years of work experience, or a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering plus 5+ years of work experience.
- Demonstrated versatility and high competency levels in creativity and technical comprehension.
- Efficient and effective use of engineering tools such as CAD, Enterprise Product Data Management (EPDM) and associated work flows, and release processes.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written & verbal communication, ability to articulate ideas and concepts, capable of positive influence and ability to work alone or as part of a team).
- Utilize strong verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical partners at various levels.
- Self-motivated and work independently, or as part of a group.
- Excellent organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Maintain professionalism with all visitors and guests.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 10 years (Required)
- Electrical Engineering: 10 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative